We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
254 posts
392 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

We changed our itinerary again and intend to drive from Las Vegas on June, 9th to Zion NP and stay there two nights at the Desert Perl Inn to visit Zion NP on the first day and Bryce Canyon on the second day. Does it makes sense to you or would you recommend to stay at Bryce Canyon? However, we did not find a nice hotel there.

From Bryce Canyon we will drive to Page where we intend to stay for one night. Which is the best hotel or B&B there?

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

Did you try Rubys Inn, which is a Best Western. That is pretty large. Here is a list of accommodations in the area of Bryce -

travelwest.net/parks/brycecanyon/lodging.html

If there is nothing there try Mt. Carmel, although farther, it's just at the east exit of Zion and its a Best Western Thunderbird.

In Page we like Days Inn the best and then Marriott Courtyard

Eat at Bonkers in Page or the Dam Bar and Grille.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Hi again

I agree with Thelrose. Nothing wrong with Ruby's Inn and you also can stay at BW Grand. We also stayed at Thunderbird. They have nice patio's. I would stay 2 nights in Zion and one night in Bryce before heading to Page. Keep an eye on timedifference. Zion (and Utah) is one hour later than Nevada and Page is one hour earlier than Utah because Az (with the exception of the Navajo nation) does not observe daylight saving time. Antelope Canyon has same time as Page though. Days Inn is a very good hotel in Page but for the great sunsetviews I'd prefer Quality Inn (Choice hotels) with its balconies. Most upmarket prob will be Courtyard by Marriott at Page's west side at the golfcourse.

Tet

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Agree with Tet on staying at the Quality Inn in Page.

Get a room with a view of Lake Powell and definitely dine at BONKERS.

For Bryce I would stay at the Bryce Point B&B in Tropic.

Very reasonable $80 to $90 range with a great breakfast and immaculate rooms.

You will meet some very interesting guest here from all over the world.

And it is only a very scenic 15 minute drive to Bryce.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Missed you in Bluff Joe. But there are plans for next year....

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

Tet missed you guys too... Would have loved to hoisted a few with you guys at Happy hr in your cabin. Time flying by on your trip ...Enjoy it all..

Stay safe...and say Hi to A from us..

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation

We did a whirlwind tour of 4 national parks in 4 days in August and stayed at the National Park lodging in each of the places, Zion, Bryce, NR Grand Canyon and Lake Powell Resort. We enjoyed being right in the parks as soon as walked out of our rooms, enjoying the views and hiking the adjacent trails.

I've posted some video clips here:

www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2southwest

Hope your trip goes well, alashas

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
485 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation

We stayed at Dreamkatchers B&B in Big Water, outside Page and just loved it! It's the best B&B we've ever stayed at, by far. A little ways out of Page, but a beautiful drive and not inconvenient at all. Well worth the drive. Impeccible home, great breakfast and wonderful hosts.

We ate at both Bonkers and Dam Bar and Grille and enjoyed both of them, although we liked Dam Bar and Grille enough to return the following night.

Have a great trip!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation

Thanks for the clips Alashas. Seems no sunbeams reached Horseshoe Bend when you visited. Wrong time of the day maybe? Loved the views from the air. We are very familiar with Page and surroundings but never done an airtour so thanks for posting.

Btw, the chef made a mistake with our medium rare filet mignons at Dam Bar but he made his excuses so let be bygones be bygones.

Tet

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation

You are welcome, Tet, it is spectacular vistas from the air. I think we did our hike to Horseshoe Bend around 1:30 in the afternoon. It was our first time there, but hopefully not our last. We didn't have time to squeeze in Antelope Canyon and my son and nephew loved Lake Powell. What time is the best time to hike Horsehoe Bend? And the slot canyons, too?

Headed to Ghost Ranch, NM tomorrow for 10 days in that area....

Thanks again, alashas www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2southwest

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation

We find best time for Horseshoebend between 10 and noon and for Antelope Upper Canyon midday.

Have fun at Ghost Ranch. Looks lovely Hope is won't be too cold.....

We're in El Cajun now at a golfresort. 75F endless blue skies....;)