We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

Which Page hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
17 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

Hi, my head is spinning with all the choices. Traveling with 10 y/o daughter Columbus Day weekend for 4 nights, flying in and out of FLG. Would like to tour GC (easy walks/shuttle). Booked Kachina Lodge for 2 nights. Would also like to fit in easy raft trip and horseback ride in Page area and vehicle tour in MV. Not sure where to book remaining 2 nights. Could also cancel 1 night in GC and have extra night in either Page or MV area. Would also like to hit Four Corners for the geography lesson.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

Raft trip requires a day and likely at least one night at Page, possibly two. In October it happens mid day and essentially takes all day. MV would be better for a horse back experience. If you want to go to Monument valley you need at least an over night there. If you cant get a room at the View or Gouldings, skip it.

Four Corners is a complete waste of your valuable time. use a map for the geography lesson. map reading skills are important too.

Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
17 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

Just the guy I was hoping to get advice from. Have been reading all your posts and they are extremely helpful. So I will scrap 4 Corners. Any suggestions on how to distribute 4 nights in the area?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

1-2 at GCNP as planned. 1-2 at Page if you can skip one at GCNP and definitely one at Monument Valley. Book that RIGHT NOW if you haven't already done so. Don't be surprised if it's sold out at View and Gouldings. Those are the ONLY two places to stay at MV.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

Hi

We did a trip similar to yours back in July.

I'll just post the itinerary we did as inspiration:

Day 1: Arrive at GCNP

Day 2: Helicopter tour of GC/hiking GC

Day 3: Drive to Page via East entrance/Horseshoe Bend/Hummer Adventures Secret Canyon Tour

Day 4: River Float Trip/Antelope Canyon/Drive to MV

Day 5: 2 hour horseback tour and 3 hour back-country jeep tour in MV/Drive to Sedona

As I said we did this back in July when there was a bit more daylight, plus I don't know if any of the tour schedules will change between July and October

Houlton, Maine
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

This is similar to what we are planning to do next Spring. Did you feel the helicopter tour was worth the $? Were the slot canyons that you saw on the Hummer tour similar to Antelope Canyon or different enough to warrant doing both? At MV did you see basically the same things on the horseback tour vs the jeep tour? Is there anything you would have done differently? Thanks alot.

Orlando, FL.
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

You can also stay overnight in Kayenta, AZ. Only takes a half hour to get to MV from Kayenta. More hotel choices, more restaurant choices. You can also do a self guided driving tour through MV, though, of course, you won't get the narrative that comes with hiring a tour.

7. Re: Itinerary Help- GCNP/Page/Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:18