We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Page, North Rim, then South Rim

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Page, North Rim, then South Rim

We have a trip planned in July 2013 and I'm wondering if I should make any changes due the the road closure near Page. We will be at Arches and will drive to Page for a float trip and to visit Antelope Canyon. Then we are going to the North Rim for 2 nights and then on to the South Rim. I already have all the hotels booked, but am wondering if we should go directly from Arches to the South Rim (provided I can get the room changed at the South Rim). I don't want to add a lot of driving time because we are already doing a lot of driving...starting in Las Vegas, to Zion, Bryce, then to Arches.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,786 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

Go to Page as planned. But then choose either the NR or the SR, but not both. If you have extra time, add Zion to the NR or Sedona to the SR

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

If you want to add North rim from Page roadclosures will affect your trip. It''s a long detour then via Lees Ferry. Without the roadclosure it only take 2.5 hours from Page to North rim. Best is to drive via Kanab to north rim. Page-NR app will take 4 hours this way. Don't forget Monument Valley on the way between Moab and Page.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
829 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

Since you say you have your hotels booked - the detour will add a good one and a half to your trip.I would not drop Page - since it's special and offers a real lot. You might consider dropping the NR. Stay a night at Monument Valley instead maybe along the way, and add a night to page or the South Rim - or even Moab as there's so much there as well.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

Just picked up on this thread. We are staying in Grand Canyon Village on Sunday 21st & Monday 22nd April then driving up to stay in Page on Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th April. We were planning to go via US89 however this now looks impossible.

Am I correct in assuming that we will need to go via US98 or can we use a road marked 20 on our map?

We leave Page on Thursday 25th for an overnight stay in Bryce Canyon when we were proposing to use US89 to travel North, is this still OK to use?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

Just picked up on this thread. We are staying in Grand Canyon Village on Sunday 21st & Monday 22nd April then driving up to stay in Page on Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th April. We were planning to go via US89 however this now looks impossible.

Am I correct in assuming that we will need to go via US98 or can we use a road marked 20 on our map.

We leave Page on Thursday 25th for an overnight stay in Bryce Canyon when we were proposing to use US89 to travel North, is this still OK to use?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

You can use 89 between Page and Bryce without delays but 20 is unpaved and you won't gain time by drivinvg it. Just stick to 160 and 98. Most of 20 is 35 mph max.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

If you have no planned activities... Give Page a miss and drive the 89a to Marble Canyon,Lees Ferry, Vermillion Cliffs, Jacob Lake, North Rim & on to Bryce via Kanab, Utah... carracar

8. Re: Page, North Rim, then South Rim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 06:15