We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Could find these answers in the forum, so here they are.

How much time should we allow for an Antelope Canyon tour.

How is the lighting in the slot in mid-October?

Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
Antelope Canyon X by Taadidiin Tours
Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,431 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

The tour itself is about an hour plus transport and staging. Allow 2-3 hours of your day.

There will be plenty of light in the canyon.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Upper or Lower canyon? Or both? Sunbeams won't reach the canyonfloor in Upper mid october but still plenty of light.

Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Is there a significant difference between upper or lower, time wise?

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
5,056 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Upper is an easy "walk-through," the canyon itself is only 100 yards long and the trail is flat, so 60-90 minutes is typical time for most to explore that section satisfactorily.

Lower Antelope is more demanding physically, it's longer, plus there are stairs and ladders one has to descend/climb. Video ->: http://youtu.be/d6GvqfzcYz0 (the video describes a tour out of Flagstaff, but if you're going to be in Page, you should just drive to the entrance of the canyon directly) Usually people take 2-3 hours in that section of Antelope Canyon.

Another section of Antelope Canyon you might consider exploring is the "waterside" on Lake Powell. Antelope Point Marina offers boat tours of that section. Tours typically last 1 hour, but if the weather is still relatively warm, sometimes they let you get out and swim. antelopepointlakepowell.com/recreation/…

Cedar City, UT
Level Contributor
307 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

We were there last October, I'm not an advanced photographer by any means and only have a Nikon P500, but I was pretty impressed with my photos. I posted a few of them on my recent Antelope Canyon review.

This was our 2nd visit and even though there were quite a few groups, we never felt rushed and had many opportunities to get shots w/o people in them. I would allow at least an hour for the canyon and it could be another hour of waiting for your group to descend, once you've signed up.

Once down there you won't want to leave.

It's great.

Cedar City, UT
Level Contributor
307 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

Postcript;

Both visits we've done were in the lower canyon. I'm older, not slim or in the most athletic shape, but didn't have any problem with the stairs and ladders. Even my mother, who was 87 when she went, and is claustrophobic, found it very doable.

7. Re: Antelope Canyon time allowance and lighting in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 05:18