We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slot Canyon Tours

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
229 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Slot Canyon Tours

Has anyone used Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

Thanks

John

Mentioned in this post
Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures
Slot Canyon Hummer...
933 Reviews
Page, AZ
Wilderness River Adventures
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Antelope Canyon X by Taadidiin Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Photography Tours
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,664 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

Yes, plenty of people have. You can search TA for reviews. Antelope Canyons are the classic slots that the world sees in photos in galleries and on the web. The tour you mention goes to different slots, equally as dramatic but notably less crowded.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
229 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

Great will give them a try. Other than Wave, which I did not get thru on the phone for, what else is high on your list to do.

Thanks

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

Hi John,

I've taken that tour and it was outstanding. It was just my wife and I with the guide. We saw 3 great slots (Secret, Stairway and Passage), drove through was beautiful scenery, saw a Great Horned Owl in one of the slots, some Bobcat tracks and not another person for hours. It was glorious! Plus the guide did things with that Hummer that I did not think were physically possible (it is an amazing vehicle).

Calling about the Wave won't do you any good, unless you are looking for general information. You need to apply for permits on-line via a lottery process or for the day before lottery in person.

There are a lot of things to see and do around Page. Antelope Canyon and the Hummer tour were great (and completely different) ways to see these beautiful geologic formations. I enjoyed the boat tour along Lake Powell to Rainbow Bridge. The float trip down the Colorado through Glenn Canyon was also excellent (starts below the dam and ends at Lee's Ferry). Tour the dam. Check out Horseshoe Bend. Hike the Toadstool Trail.

Here's the trip report that I posted following our 2008 visit to Page:

tripadvisor.com/…14631247

And some photos from that trip (the link takes you to a page with to photos galleries):

…smugmug.com/Travel/Arizona/Page-AZ-2008

My trip report on our Kanab trip (2011) also has some information for things to do near to Page (including the Wave):

…weebly.com/tr---kanab-2011.html

Hopefully these reports will give you a few ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,380 Reviews
Page, AZ
Lake Powell
Lake Powell
919 Reviews
Page, AZ
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Horseshoe Bend
Horseshoe Bend
10,726 Reviews
Page, AZ
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
229 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
579 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

If you like to kayak you can also do the full day kayak tour on Lake Powell that goes to Labrynth canyon also a slot canyon.

If you can access our trip advisor photos you can see some too

Mentioned in this post
Lake Powell
Lake Powell
919 Reviews
Page, AZ
6. Re: Slot Canyon Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19