We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Hello

We are trying to plan a night's stay in Page on Saturday 14th June to see Horseshoe Canyon etc. in between GC and BC. I have tried Red Rock Motel and Lake Powell Motel and Debbie's Hideaway is too expensive at 125 plus tax. It seems that there are no budget options left in this area but does anyone else know of anything?

We will be camping mostly on our trip but i have heard the campsites in the area are just hot dustbowls so we are not too enamored with the possibility of staying in these.

If anyone knows of any secrets then please do share :)

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Looks like Motel 6 or Travelodge would be your only options under $100.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Not sure about the hot dustbowl comment? You are camping in the desert in summer, so heat and winds can always be an issue. Wahweap has some trees and nice views of the lake.This site show individual campsites. Plus you have pool priveledges at the Lake Powell Resort.

campsitephotos.com/campground/Lake-Powell-Wa…

And some reviews..

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60834-d662840-…

Lone Rock Beach is primitive camping right on the sandy shore of the lake. If the wind kicks up the sand gets blown around.But you are right on the water.

www.riverlakes.com/lone_rock,_wahweap.htm

Or try Motel 6.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

The places you've named typically tend to be the cheapest Page has to offer.

About 15 minutes away over the border of Utah is a town called Big Water - I used to live there. There's a small motel called the "Cowboy In" that offers rooms "starting at $75 a night" according to their website. http://www.cowboyinmotel.com/ The biggest downside to Big Water is a lack of services in the area such as restaurants, bars, etc. You'd have to drive into Page or the Lake Powell Resort complex for that. There are some boat rental facilities in the area plus a small convenience store, pay at the pump Sinclair gas, but that's about it.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Not a camper myself but Wah Weap always looks pretty nice.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,620 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

At this point you should be grabbing whatever accommodation you find available at Page. I've heard reports that all lodging is fully booked through June and July.

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Thank you for the feedback. I think we might go for Walheap then and failing that we could go for the back up of Big Water. Thanks to those who helped me reach this decision, as always you are a true mine of knowledge!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

Wahweap Campground is certainly the better location (by the lake). Just want you to know that there's also a campground in the town of Page that has tent sites:

pagecampground.com

In the photo of the campground, the tent sites are the ones in the row without RVs.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
211 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

We just stayed at Americas best value hotel. Basic. clean,and cheap in Page

9. Re: Hotel 14th June - any budget options left?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15