We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar?

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Sports Bar?

My girlfriend and I are going to be in GM on August 30th and I was wondering if there was a sports bar in town? I might need some place to watch a little SEC football ;-) hopefully with some Wisconsin fans around lol!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar?

Only place I can think of that might have TVs, right in GM, is Gunflint Tavern. Otherwise just up the Gunflint Trail is Devil Track Resort and I know they have some TVs. I'd call to ask.

http://www.gunflinttavern.com/

http://www.deviltrackresort.com/

Maybe someone else will have other ideas.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar?

You won't find anything like a traditional sports bar with the 50-inch TVs in a row on the wall. But you will find TVs with sports on at the American Legion for sure. That's the place I would go. And the beer is pretty inexpensive too.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar?

Sven & Ole's Pizza has at least one TV that you can watch a game on. Also, you are more likely to find a Big Ten game on at a small Minnesota Restaurant than an SEC game.

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar?

there's a TV in the Raven, attached to the gunflint tavern...last weekend we enjoyed some bad, shark, sci-fi movies on it...but they run sports sometimes too....We mostly go to GM because there aren't sports bars...sorry

Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar?

Well considering LSU is going to show Wisconsin what SEC football is all about I would think they would have that particular game on the TV ;-) Geaux Tigers!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar?

We Gopher fans would appreciate if LSU did just that

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar?

Go LSU - Beat Wisconsin! I root for anyone playing the Badgers.

8. Re: Sports Bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2016, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Marais