We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tetons in July

Ruston, Louisiana
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tetons in July

Thinking of heading out to see the Tetons & Yellowstone Pk In.July(the wife myself & 2 children ages 15 & 5) We will have 2 weeks for our 4K mile round trip from La.(gas = $800-$1000 bucks)That being said I am looking for some where to stay that want cost me an arm and a leg close to Jackson Hole & YNP.I plan on being out & about most of the time so it doesn't have to be too fancy.If I could find a hotel...motel...cabin for around $100 bucks or less that would offset the cost of fuel .I plan on stoping for a couple of days around Estes Park than on to the Tetons & YNP area for 5 or 6 days than to Cody for a couple of days....Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tetons in July

You can check out my review of the Snake River KOA Kabins. All you get is a cabin with some beds in it. The showers are shared, but they are clean. it is under your budget. The big drawback -- it seems to me -- is that it is about 10 miles to Jackson and -- from Jackson -- several more miles into the Grand Tetons (depending on your destination in the Tetons).

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,588 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tetons in July

Not sure if you are on your way yet- One place is not really good for YNP and Tetons. Late for reservations, but I see things open every day. Budget wise, Look for openings in YNP at Old Faithful Lodge Budget Cabins. You could also try for Rooselvelt Rough Rider Cabin.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tetons in July

You are a little late, but especially in Yellowstone, cancellations open up if you can call or access internet. Jackson will not be in your budget as the most affordable motel 6 is over $100 a night during this time of year. I wuold not stay S of Jackson.

In GTNP, you can stay in the Colter Bay Cabins or Tent Cabins under $100 a night. I cannot think of anything else under $100 but you can check out GTLC.com for information.

In YNP, the Rooselvelt, Lake Lodge Frontier, Canyon Lodge Frontier Cabins and Old Faithful Lodge Budget cabins are under $100. Some do not have bathrooms, but a shared one is nearby and it would mean sharing 2 double beds for each 2 people.

If you are driving up, have you thought about camping for at least some of the time? That will offset your costs.

Reply to: Tetons in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moose