We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Website?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Best Website?

Looking for a website where I can order some brochures etc for the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Great Smokey Park areas. I've spent lots of time on forums etc. but I'd like to get something via "snail mail" to browse through. I know in these days of internet it's crazy but I love to plan and it makes the dream trip seem even closer. I've done the "brochure thing" from other areas we've visited but never for the Smokies. Anyone out there who can help?

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Website?

Hi vanclan

I think this one from the Gatlinburg Chamber has what you are looking for;

…securedwebs.com/visitor/visrequest.cfm

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
681 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Website?

You can also go to the Tennesse state tourism site. Thier is a ton of information about the whole state and they will also send you a guide via snail mail.

http://www.tnvacation.com/

Of course don't forget the National Park website:

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Website?

i think gatlinburg.com has a place to request information. They typically send stuff out pretty quickly too!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Website?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! You've saved me lots of time and effort. Now I can get my dreaming into full gear

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Website?

Oops, slight problem! The two URL's for Gatlinburg info (both lead to the same site) provide a form to enter my address. However, in the state area, there is no designation for the provinces of Canada! I tried leaving it blank and putting my address in the "Comments" section at the bottom of the form, but the form complains that the address section must be filled in. However, the GOOD NEWS is that there is an 800 number which I can call tomorrow and hopefully request the information. Thanks again for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Website?

HI vanclan. What I did was put my full address on the city line and then just listed ON in the state line. Now I only did this last week so haven't received any info yet. However, it did accept my application.

Go to the website for each state you will travel through. I think you can get info from each one.

Joyce

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Website?

Thanks Joyce for that hint. I didn't think to try that! I did call the 800 number this morning and the lady was well aware of the problem and they are trying to correct it. She just took my address and said she would send the info. I think you would get much more customized info when you filled ou the form on the website. If however you don't receive your info, the 800 number is

1-800-588-1817

I also had not thought to request info from the states that we pass through. That would be great because it would give us a State map without having to stop and the tourist info center at each border...and sometimes they are closed when we pass over the border. Thanks for the neat idea...I'll try that.

Hope you have a great trip! When are you planning to go? I'd like to go in April, but it looks like it won't be til September this year.

Thanks again!

June

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Website?

We are hoping to go around the 23rd of September. A lot depends on whether or not my cousin and her hubby can come along too. I'm not able to drive and if it is just the two of us it is a long drive for my hubby. However, he sweetly said he would do it anyway.

Just another thought. If you have a CAA membership, they can get you lots of info.

9. Re: Best Website?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 22:19