We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mistaken

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BROOKVILLE INDIANA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mistaken

I was just thinking here and realize MYSELF INCLUDED and all of us may be looking into a review to much. I wrote a horrible review on Edgewater hotel, and a good review on River Edge and On Oak Square, and then realized after reading other reviews, that some of these hotels have 200 rooms, and yes all rooms SHOULD be perfect, but are ALL the rooms in our house perfect, even the ones who have maids, NO! So unfortuanatley the people who have unfortunatley recieved a bad room is going to complain (AS I DID) and this may take away from the ones who would enjoy and get a good room.

Trip Advisor means well, don't get me wrong, but Imagine if the Owners of alol these hotels had a website called HOTELADVISOR and listed us as guest and how filthy we were in our rooms, and how we only left the maids a 1.00.

SO I would be inclined to tell EDGEWATER hotel I am sorry for my disclaimer and I hope I could be of help to anyone looking for a hotel in Gatlinburg, I will not say degrading or uplisting things, but tell you price ranges, descriptions, and directions,

THANK YOU ALL

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
676 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mistaken

You shouldn't worry about it. As long as your negative review was accurate you should let people know about the positive and the negative.

When I travel and read the reviews on Tripadvisor I always take it all with a grain of salt. I want to be relatively sure that I will be pleased with the B&B or hotel that I chose, and TripAdvisor has never let me down!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mistaken

I think you kinda have to post the good and the bad... I know when I am on here researching, I dont just take one opinion, I try to read as many reviews as possible to get an idea of what to expect, if you dont post the negative too we won't know that you had that experience... so don't feel bad..

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mistaken

Where are your reviews you mentioned you were concerned about?

I think reviews and posts to the forum should be honest and accurate of actual trips to accommodations/attractions/restaurants to share and compare with others looking for a wonderful vacation, however we do run across those questionable ones that I too "take with a grain of salt".

I rely on the TA family to get me through vacation decision making alot. I would hope that the majority of the reviews I am reading are an accurate account and not just a reflection of someone having a bad day, making personal attacks, or marketing.

Trip Advisor offers a wonderful list of guidelines for us to follow to keep this forum informative, unbiased, and friendly. If the majority of us never followed these guidelines there would be no need to bother to use it.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mistaken

I only give reviews of places I have personal experiences with.

Plus we have been to the area of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge

several times so I'm always honest and accurate in what we

found.

louisiana
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mistaken

i work at a [b & b] in louisiana and i wish there was a website that i could list the names of the messy guest that we get most of our guest are repeat so we get them over and over they just keep getting messier each time ,thank god that most of them are courteous and respect the place it is a plantation house built in 1869 and from nov to jan it is hunting lodge ,men walk in the house with mud on their boots and dont even think twice about going into bedrooms tracking mud ,i guess that is why i have a deep appreciation for service workers i always tidy up before i check out of hotel,cabin or whereever i stay

6. Re: Mistaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 03:15