We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Apartment Advice??

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Need Apartment Advice??

We are planning on moving to the area (gatlinburg,pigeon forge or sevierville area. We are not sure how to look for apartments when we are out of town making plans. My question is are there apartments in these areas and how can I find them online?

All I see are condo's however we are just wanting to start in an apartment first. Any advice would really help!

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

Christy,

Try searching for "The Mountain Press". It's a local paper for the area and always has housing for rent in it's classified section. They have an online edition.

Lisa

BROOKVILLE INDIANA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

Your best bet is come down and find a WEEKLY rental @ a hotel and look from there. There are a lot of weekly rentals in the area.

GOOD LUCK.

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

I have been looking for land or a house in GB for a while now. It has been very hard to find much of anything. We decided that when we get some time, we are going to just rent a cabin for a few weeks and search in person. That's proboably your best bet for an apartment too.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

christy: Moving is never easy. There are some newspaper listings available, but it is always better to visit and pick the location. If you are a first time visitor, you owe it to yourself to visit and sort of get the lay of the land. Traffic patterns are more easily observed etc.

Another source is homesandland.com. It lists apts. etc., and you can get a mag. mailed to your home for viewing.

Hope this helps.

USA
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

Just out of curiosity...Why are you moving to G-burg and what do you plan to do there for a living? This is kind of relevant to where you want to rent when you get here.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

Hi Christy!

Here is a site I just learned about recently. It gives you info on Knoxville and the surounding area. It is a link from craiglist.com a really interesting site, but I haven't had much time to check it out yet.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/

Look under the housing link and select apts/housing. Once you get to that page, type in one of the cities you want and you will see what is available.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

Thank You Everyone!

8. Re: Need Apartment Advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 17:19