We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

6 posts
Save Topic
Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

We want to visit Gatlinburg to hike and sight see in the park. Just looked at hotel rates for the end of October and the rates are running $200-$300 per night.

When are the hotel rates lower? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting...
30 Reviews
US$55 per adult
Free Cancellation
Sights of the Smokies All Day Tour
14 Reviews
US$125 per adult
Free Cancellation
Great Smoky Mountains Waterfall...
25 Reviews
US$41 per adult
9 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

By chance are you looking at the rates here on Trip Advisor? If so, they are never right. You pretty much have to go to each hotels website or call them to get a rate. We just booked LeConte View for the last week in October and our rate with tax came out to $105.66 a night. It's an older hotel but always very clean and the location can't be beat. It's right on the parkway towards the middle of town.

The newer hotels in Gatlinburg (Courtyard Gatlinburg, Holiday Inn Express Gatlinburg Downtown) are probably $200.00 and up. October rates are peak price.

If your looking for really good rates then Jan. Feb. and March are the cheapest months.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Courtyard Gatlinburg
Courtyard Gatlinburg
436 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Holiday Inn Express Gatlinburg Downtown
Holiday Inn Express...
190 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Atoka, Tennessee
Level Contributor
140 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

I agree with Goldie. I remember looking at the Dreamore and they had rates I could afford in Jan. and Feb.

Edited: 17 September 2017, 08:04
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

Yes Goldie is right I always go to the website of the hotel... this you can usually find stated on tripadvisor or just go to your search, type in the hotel your interested in and look up their quotes on pricing.

Also you are searching in one of the most visited times of the year so your quotes are going to be higher because as in everywhere you travel when they come in large crowds to visit the establishments will and do raise their rates, lowest rates for any week are usually Sunday through Thursday and they go up on the weekends because same point stated as before...more visitors:)

It is very beautiful in the park with all the colors and something about the fall and in October that makes so many want to visit this area.

I am also similar to Goldie in that just give me a clean place that's a good location to enjoy the area I'm visiting.

I'm not one for paying high prices for an elaborate modern room that I'm hardly in, Id rather be out and about all the time enjoying the area, people watching, and enjoying all the good food and great fun there is to be had lol.

Anyway... I believe the winter months and that is after New years day... also Ive heard from many that New years is a spectacular time too... but that the months Jan and Feb would be your cheapest months to visit.

Whatever you decide your sure to have a great time...its always just wonderful here, I'm a huge fan as you can tell, enjoy your visit:)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
752 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

We just booked Johnson's Inn the first weekend in October for $105 a night. MYbe just try a simpler motel? Hope you find something!

Mentioned in this post
Johnson's Inn
Johnson's Inn
365 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

Check Groupon too, I was there last weekend and stayed at the Sydney James for $44 (plus taxes) a night of a groupon special. It was well worth it!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

Definitely January, away from holidays like NYD and MLK weekend.

Used to go every January to the Wilderness Wildlife Week event, and I got really nice hotel rooms for under $50 per night at times.

Mentioned in this post
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Wilderness at the...
2,928 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,425 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

We were there in mid August at new Hampton Inn and paid about $130 per night.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
280 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

I just checked Zoder's. They have rooms starting at $109 for the last weekend of October.

9. Re: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 September 2017, 12:05

Reply to: Month with Cheapest Hotel Rates?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted