We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When you just want an appetizer?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
When you just want an appetizer?

Sometime especially after having a larger meal earlier that day or planning to go to dinner that evening we just want to find a place where we can sit down, relax, and enjoy some appetizers and a cold beer.

Doesnt matter if its located in Gatlinburg because we do enjoy riding around together and exploring.

Where do you enjoy just hanging out and having an appetizer and a drink ...any locations that are faves would be appreciated, thanks;)

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
21 replies to this topic
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Start out by going back and reading the thread just below: "Good Eats on Arts & Craft Loop". It offers some good small locals for your purpose.

In Pigeon Forge: Cheddar's - sit at the bar;

Local Goat - across from the winery on the Parkway, is the hot new place, locally owned, has the bar in a recessed room, real cozy;

Smoky Mountain Brewery - they also have one in G'burg;

Blue Moose - in the basement of the bank at the north end of Teaster's Lane behind the drug store on the Parkway.

Our go-to place is usually the coffee bar in Books-a-Million over in Governeur's Square or Hillside Winery up the street which doesn't have snacks.

In G'burg: we do little except Sugarland Cellars on the Parkway at the south end just before entering the park, but again no snacks, just drinkable wine.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Smoky Mountain Brewery
Smoky Mountain Brewery
4,833 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Hillside Winery
Hillside Winery
869 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

We like The Blue Moose(great app's and beer), Blaines(upstairs balcony bar)and Loco Burro(rooftop seating with firepits). We also like to go to The Shamrock and have a beer and listen to the live band out on the patio. Best Italian is another great place to sit out on the patio and watch the little river.

The Island in Pigeon Forge has a couple of restaurants with outdoor patio seating. We like to people watch and love places that have an outdoor patio.

I can tell you are getting really excited about your upcoming trip....me too.

Mentioned in this post
The Island in Pigeon Forge
The Island in Pigeon...
8,386 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Yep Goldie I am ha ha;)

I am always more productive at this site near my trip when Im close to returning I get excited for all great and new ideas and to give some insight on some of my visits.

. Well we are definitely the patio type and the people watch type too.

Anywhere we go we prefer the outdoors if they have an area and when its chilly out we have chosen many establishments with the outdoor heaters on the patio just to be outside.

That Loco Burro could be fun on a November evening with firepits

I will keep that one in mind and matter of fact I think I will bring to my hubbys attention that with all these good suggestions to visit that maybe we should extend the 7 day visit;)

sound familiar Goldie...the extending vacation part ha ha

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
542 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Smoky Mountain Brewery or if they are busy Calhoun's. They have the same basic selections as they have the same owners.

Mentioned in this post
Smoky Mountain Brewery
Smoky Mountain Brewery
4,833 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Calhoun's
Calhoun's
1,864 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Um very familiar.LOL Yep we will probably end up staying a few extra nights. Happy wife, Happy life right?

My daughter and her family are there now and I bet they never go into the park. She spotted Tanger Outlet otw to Pigeon Forge so she will be doing some baby clothes shopping. That's fine. She can have all them stores. I rather spend my time in the park.

I may check out the weather closer to our dates and if it's nice I may stay another night or two if hubby agrees.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Yep I will agree and we do go to the SMB they have some good pizza too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Magical words Goldie....YOU CAN PLAY MORE GOLF HONEY..

.yeah the younger generation are very shopping oriented but thats okay... if we were all the same life would be boring

Im with you girl... I will take being in the park any day...

I hope its beautiful just for you that week...you are such an inspiration here on TA... your so very helpful to everyone and you truly deserve some of the best weather ...

also with fantastic weather you can get out more and then you can bring to the masses more of that great advise of yours for all of the TAS;)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Bassbum

All of it sounds very interesting... especially on the loop.. love hidden treasures and the Local goat Ive heard many great reviews here

.We live near the Tricounty area and usually head south towards Cincinnati and the Northern Ky area for date night so we do sometimes go to the Cheddars there for drinks and apps

I believe that Cheddars is located in Earlanger Ky... so he will want somewhere we havent been but all of your suggestions are interesting prospects.

Mentioned in this post
miamisburg
Level Contributor
225 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

The Ships pub on Glades Rd. in the crafts community is a good out of the way sports bar kinda place. Usually fairly quite and layed back with a nice outdoor deck. You'll pass 3-Jimmys on the way which is another good place with a outdoor patio. In Sevierville, the Roaming Gnome and Bluffs have excellent appetizers.

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When you just want an appetizer?

Tom & Earl's Back Alley Grill...one of Gatlinburg's little "hidden" gems! You can sit inside or on the outside patio overlooking River Rd (with your dog if you have one) and relax with a cold one. The food is great and they have live music outside on the weekends. Our fave place.

Reply to: When you just want an appetizer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted