We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

Mason, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We leave Michigan this Friday and will be checking in on Saturday, June 16th. We're still planning everything we want to do. I'd like to hear what activities others plan to do. We leave in less than 96 hours. I CAN'T WAIT!

Christopher

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We are coming Sat. ...driving about 8 hrs......we're gonna do Cades Cove,Roaring Fork/picnic at metcalf ,in after 3 at Dollywood,fireflies at Elkmont,Hillbilly golf,Grotto fall's hike,Gatlinburg shopping&eating,Biltmore estate in Ashville,and relaxing in there somewhere too!! Not in that order of course.and we gotta try Best Italian,donut friar,applewood farmhouse,the old mill,and Pancake pantry. If we have ANY extra time, there's plenty more I'd like to do too!!!sooooo excited!!!!! See ya there!!!

Sheila

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We're not going anywhere, not for a long, long, long, long, long time :-( but I just wanted to wish all of you a safe journey and a great time!

Jennifer

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We're going down next Tuesday. We're actually leaving here on Sunday, but going to stop to look at a couple of colleges on the way for my soon-to-be senior son.

We're staying at our chalet. My best friend may be coming into town for a couple of nights which will be nice since she hasn't seen our place down there yet. In fact, she's never been to Gatlinburg! The plan is to put the chalet in good shape for renters for the summer rush, add high speed internet to the place, hike a couple of trails, and relax and enjoy the Smokies.

I can hardly wait!

Cindy

Mason, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

Hope the weather report is wrong...As I understand it Gatlinburg has been going through a drought, but this next week has a chance of rain almost every day.

Oneonta, AL
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We're coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday....can't wait!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

I'm worried about the weather too ! That would be just my luck.

KY.
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We are leaving out Sunday and going to Chattanooga to Look out Mountain. On our way in Monday we are stopping at the lost sea. Monday evening we are taking the scenic way on in to Gatlinburg to see if we can spot any of the "See Rock City Barns". This part is all new to us.

We have been going to Gatlinburg for 19 years now, sometimes a couple times a year. We just never get tired of it. We are staying for a week. When we get into the Smokies we will be doing Dollywood, Cades Cove, a day over the mountain sight seeing, Cherokee, a trip down the Roaring Fork motor trail, a ride or two on the Tram, plenty of Putt Putt and many other of the cheesy kids stuff. We will also being doing the entire Ripley's package. They have a new package this year to do all 7 events unlimited for 7 days. This is great for us since we all enjoy the Ripley's events, its a great deal for the money. There are four of us and both kids are at adult prices now.

We will like most others be doing plenty of evening walking and people watching in Gatlingburg. There is also of course lots of eating out, one of my favorite things, ( I dont have to cook ). One of my husbands favorite places is the Doughnut Friar. My favorite place is any place with a waitress.

All four of us are excited and look forward to this every year. Even writing this makes me want to leave now.

Mason, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

I know what you mean. I'm counting hours until I leave now...64 hours and 43 minutes. Time to check the weather report again. Now I'm rethinking my itinerary for rain events...

gulfport ms
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We leave on Friday from Gulfport, MS and will spend our first night in the cabin we rented on Saturday night. Tonight my fiance is feeling bad, I sure hope he's ok by Friday...I have soooo been looking forward to this trip. Send good thoughts my way...I don't dare check into the weather forecast :(

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who else is going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this Weekend?

We leave Saturday and after a detour in Kentucky will be in Townsend from Sunday to Thursday.

I plan on stalking Misscrispy while we are there.

KIDDING!!!! Although we do seem to have lots of the same activities planned!

Watch for my TripAdvisor backpack-I'll be wearing it proudly!

BTW-I've been watching the weather too and hope the forecast changes but I did already pack the orange plastic ponchos (as to keep my TA backpack dry).