We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

We are headed to the Smokies the first week of August. Can' wait even though we just there in April. We were thinking of staying at Carrs, any advice? Also, how far is it to the main Parkway from there?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

I have not stayed there but a lot of people love it. It's #1 under the Gatlinburg Hotel section on TA. Here is the list, click on Carr's for the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60842-Gatlinburg_Ten…

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

We stayed there in June in a creekside room with 2 q beds. This is an older hotel, but it is well kept. We had alot of room. They do not clean your room each day unless you ask them to. It was farther from the main drag of Gat than I preferred. It was in the 90's when we walked to town, it is downhill then, but we took the trolley back to the hotel. The good thing is 2 trolley routes go by the hotel, I can't remember which color they were, but the trolley drivers are very helpful when it comes to that. We had a frig but no microwave, but I believe they have kitchen facilities in some rooms. Would we stay there again, yes in the spring, fall or winter, but if we go in the summer, we will pay more and stay on the main drag. The front desk women are especially friendly and nice.

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

Thanks, we only get to stay 3 nights and the price was so reasonable we thought we'd give it a try. We usually stay at Bearskin Lodge on the River but we are hardly ever in our room so we thought we'd try to save a few bucks but that can backfire sometimes.

4. Re: Comments on Carr's Cottages and Motel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 13:16