We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OKAY, what is apple julep?

Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
OKAY, what is apple julep?

Does it go on the apple fritters? Then what is the apple butter for? If you can please describe these things at the AppleWood place, I'd be grateful!

Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

Well, now that I've asked that, I've looked it up. Guess I wouldn't want to put it on my apple fritters. :)

Seriously, though, if you're reading this, what's the best thing at the Applewood?

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

Apple julep is an apple drink.

It has a few other juices in it also.

It is very good

You put the Apple butter on the apple fritters or bread.

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

I always get the pot roast...delicious !! SH ( Sweet hubby) either orders Fried Chicken or Pork Chops.....but honestly, everything they serve is fantastic....and IF you can eat it all...you'll be waddling back to your car ! ;-) We always go to the one in Seiverville, and I always HAVE to go to the barn and purchase a couple bags of the apple fritter mix and a couple jars of the apple butter to take home.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

If I remember right, the apple julep is a mix of apple cider, pineapple juice and oj, it is good.. I like to get the vegetable plate, hubby likes anything they have. The veg soup is so good. You get alot of food for the price.

Pikeville, Ky.
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

I like the pork chops as well. I didn't care as much for the country fried steak though.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,947 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

I was able to get the receipe for the apple julip when I was at the Applewood back in January. It's very, very sweet.

Alabama
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

Hi, Be prepared for a lot of food! The waitress(which was great) brought out julep juice(I thought it was good), then the apple fritters(these were yummy), vegetable soup(all 3 of my kids are picky eaters but they actually liked this soup! I really do not like veg soup but this was good!)

I ordered the fried chicken, mashed potato's and mac & cheese. I forgot what my hubby ordered(awful memory, lol) but I do remember my oldest ordering the pork chops and loving them. They ordered their side dishes and when the waitress brought them out, all of us thought she had forgotten some of our order.We told her some of our sides were missing, she just smiled and told us you pass the bowls around. We were embarrassed but she was so sweet and said it happens all the time, especially for first timers.

Close to the end of the meal she asked if we wanted to eat dessert there or take it with us, we chose to take it back to the cabin, lol.

My kids are not use to being served that much food at restaurants so they got a kick out of it.

Also it was not that expensive considering all the food we had. It was $86.?? for the 5 of us.

Celena

elkhart in
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

APPLEWOOD JULEP

1 qt. apple juice

1 cup orange juice

1 cup pineapple juice

1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix and serve over ice. Serves six.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

My family loves their breakfast but I was less than impressed.

My advice? You are able to order 10 (or 20?) apple fritters, apple butter, apple julep and apple muffins as a main course. Get that. Those are AWESOME. Everything else, in my humble opinion, is sub-par.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OKAY, what is apple julep?

We went for dinner and really enjoyed. Our family had pork chops, pan-fried mountain trout, and rotisserie chicken - - and it was all very good! The sides were good too - mac & cheese, turnip greens, green beans, baked sweet potato and fried okra. You won't leave hungry!