We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabins along little pigeon river?

ky.boy
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Topic
cabins along little pigeon river?

we just got back from our trip and it was great ,im already planning the trip for next time and i need to know if anyone knows or has stayed at any cabins that were secluded and sit along the little pigeon river?also does anyone know what it cost to rent a jeep, we saw the rentals while we were there and thought that might be fun next time also?

elkhart in
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

mountainchalets.com/Rentals/AllRentals1.aspx…

We have stayed a week at "Rivers Edge" cabin in June. It's in Pitman Center, on the Pigeon River and secluded. There was one other cabin on this section of the river, but we never saw anyone. It's on Old Crow Road off of Pitman Center Road (416). We were 12 miles from lite 3 in Gatlinburg (south on 416) and 12 miles from lite 8 in Pigeon Forge (north on 416). On the river....to the left of the cabin were rapids( went tubing).....in front of the cab the water was shallow and clear(put lawn chairs in the river to get some sun)...and to the right the water was deeper....4 ft or so (this is where we swam and fished) Overall, we had a great time and my wife said she'll always want to be on the river when we go back to the Smokies......there was always something to do being on the river.....tubing,swimming, fishing and relaxing in the sun.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

We loved our stay at Old Buck with Country Elegance Cabins in years past. The private local owners are great to work with. Screened porch and patio right over the river. We caught trout and cooked them for supper.

B

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

they both look really pretty but Old Buck looks a little more updated

elkhart in
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

"Old Buck" is just past "Rivers Edge". There both on a private drive off Old Crow Road.....12 miles from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

TKB, that is too cool that the cabins we mentioned are actually in the same area! I never knew the name of the other cabin down that road or the road name, now I know!

I just remember turning left before the bridge at Greenbrier up 321 and driving back towards the river for some easy miles.

B

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

junktruck...

Here are some links I had in my "fishing cabins" folder you might want to check out....

http://www.sunsetcottage.com/gonefishin.html

http://www.sunsetcottage.com/riverhouse.html

www.sunsetcottage.com/aspiringwaters.html

www.countryelegancecabins.com/gonefisn.htm

http://www.countryelegancecabins.com/vf.htm

www.sunsetcottage.com/ripplingwaters.html

sunsetcottage.com/littlepigeonriverhouse.html ( LOVE this cabin !)

www.countryelegancecabins.com/oldbuck.htm

www.countryelegancecabins.com/grist.htm

Nashville
Level Contributor
51 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

We recently stayed at "A Cool River's Breeze" on the Little Pigeon w/ Jackson Mt. Homes. I would not recommend that particular cabin based on our experience. Next door is another of their cabins "A Beautiful River", and the family there said they returned every year to that cabin.

gulfport ms
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

Any more ideas from anyone? I'm trying to find a nice cabin on the river for fishing.

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
432 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

I also hope someone else has some more cabin suggestions. We were just in the area and always, always get cabins with mountain views. While visiting Roaring Fork & Cades Cove we stopped by several rivers and streams and I thought how relaxing it was and how much I love hearing the sound of the water and would really like to stay in cabin along a river. Being secluded or sem-secluded would be a must. Any more suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork
1,269 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cabins along little pigeon river?

On this same subject, does anyone know of a large group cabin that is on the river like this? I found a place that looks like it's to die for, but it's totally booked for the times we're looking at for this summer. We need a place that'll hold at least 16 people. If anyone knows of a place or even an area where you think there might be a big place on the river, I'd love to hear about it! I could always do a drive by on my trip at the end of this month. We've always stayed in a place with a great view of the mountains, but we're looking for something a little different this year.

Just in case anyone wants to add this one to their file, check it out. To me, it looks wonderful!

www.hickorymist.com/RiverAdventureLodge.htm

Now that I look at it again, it looks like it's booked for the whole summer. No wonder. I've got to keep this one in the family reunion vacation file for sure!

Cindy