We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood

Uniontown, PA
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Dollywood

If we're not really into any of the rides....is it worth it to go to Dollywood? Thanks!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood

It may depend on what time of year you go.

We do not really go for the rides, but I do enjoy a good coaster.

Dollywood has a lot of shopping and great shows. Especially during the Christmas season.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood

We don't do rides much anymore either, but, Dollywood has a lot of shows and other things to see. You can see what kind of shows that are there on their web site. You can probably get enough info from that to decide whether to go or not. The performers are all very good at what they do. Dollywood also has a very cool eagle aviary where they take care of injured eagles before letting them back into the wild. You can see these big birds up close. There are shops and craftsman making everything from guitars to lye soap. The last time we were there was in the week after Christmas and we enjoyed it, even though we didn't ride a single ride.

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood

We took our grandson a few years back....because HE wanted to ride all the rides...he was old enough to go on his own, so while he was riding everything, hubby and I went to some of the shows, enjoyed the music, shopped, and sampled the food. Was it worth the money ? Grandson would say yes, but I don't think I would pay that kind of money again just for hubby & me to shop & eat. There are plenty of places in GB & PF to do that kind of thing without paying an entrance fee. That said, I think most people, myself included, feel as though if they are going to PF for the first time, they should check Dollywood out, to see what it's all about. But, I can say I've been there, done that, and now I focus on all the free and beautiful sites in the NP, which is why we go to the Smokys.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood

My husband and I go for mainly the shows. They are worth the price alone without riding the rides. We go and the kids go one way and we go another. Meet for meals and everyone has a great time.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood

Agree with MissCrispy, the shows are great. There are different shows in the spring, summer, fall, and the Christmas show. You can spend the whole day just doing that. We do like to ride the train, the motion ride near the front of the park, and the dodge-ems. If we take the grandson, we do have to ride more rides with him. If you go in the fall, they have all the diferent crafters too.Very enjoyable day.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollywood

yes, go for sure!! we rode a few ride's,ate a lot ,looked in all the shop's,& we had so much to do we never even made it too a show!!It is like no other theme park Ive seen.Soo pretty& country&cozy...and the employes are so sweet.We got rained out at around 5;00 on our second day(in after 3 next day free) and recieved a raincheck for a free day anytime this season!!

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollywood

If you go eat at Grannies. All you can eat for one price. The food is gooooood. You will eat so much you will be stuffed all day.

8. Re: Dollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 03:16