We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Fine Dining*

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
*Fine Dining*

Looking for fine dining options in Gat. and PF. Any suggestions?

We prefer family owned to the chains.

As always thanks for your help.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *Fine Dining*

We like Cherokee Grill, Park Grill, Calhouns, and Linebergers which are all newer restaurants and very nice. Of course, there are many opinions of what constitutes fine dining, but in my opinion, these are the better ones in Gatlinburg as far as atmosphere and food selections. The Peddler also gets many good reviews, but didn't impress me - again just a matter of opinion.

michigan
Level Contributor
201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: *Fine Dining*

We have liked both the Peddler and Park Grill. Park Grill has more of an upscale lodge kind of feel to it, and service has always been attentive and food has been good to very good. We have only been to the Peddler once, asked for and received a table by the creek which was very nice. About the same level regarding food and service for that one visit anyways. Do call ahead seating for either one.

louisiana
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: *Fine Dining*

for atmosphere and fine dining the lodge at buckberry creek in gatlinburg its just a short drive from down town

Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: *Fine Dining*

I agree with smiles18. I like all the same places. I also agree on the opinion of the Peddler. I've dined at the Peddler on my last four visits to Gatlinburg. We always get a table overlooking the river. The atmosphere is wonderful, but the food is not that good and I think it's pricey. I don't mind paying for a good meal, but I want it to be good.

Even though the The Peddler and The Park Grill are owned by the same business, I like the Park Grill. The salad bars are about the same. My favorite is the pecan crusted chicken with sweet potato casserole. The rolls are to die for.

I've never tried Maxwell's, it may be an option for fine dining. It looks nice from the outside.

Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: *Fine Dining*

OH MY! I went to the Lodge at Buckberry Creek web site. I looks wonderful. I'm putting that on my list of new things to try. The menu looks delicious. Do we need to make reservations? How do we get to it?

I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

louisiana
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: *Fine Dining*

i think you should make reservations,if the weather is nice i think you can dine out on the veranda overlooking the mountains ,it is off of campbell lead road which is off of ski mtn road it is only 5 minutes from down town gatlinburg,you can map it on mapquest,we found it by accident when we were staying at cottage gardens which is only 2 minutes from the lodge,when we drove up to it we just looked in awe it is simply beautiful,it is owned by 2 guys that really put a lot of time into making sure every detail was perfect the suites are real nice also,we were on a girls trip and all four of us just sat there staring at the beauty [imagine cajun women speechless well that hardley ever happens lol

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: *Fine Dining*

My favorite place is The Park Grill with the Cherokee Grill coming in at a close second. I've never eaten at the Buckberry Lodge, but would like to and I've heard great things about it. I've also heard good things about eating at The Buckhorn Inn which is located out in the Arts and Crafts Community. It's a B&B, but you can eat there even if you're not staying there with reservations. There is no menu. There's just one menu served for each evening of the week. http://www.buckhorninn.com/evening.htm

Cindy

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: *Fine Dining*

Hey cajuncutie - that's exactly how we found it too. We were in Cottage Gardens in April. It looks like an incredable place and I love the idea of eating outside!

louisiana
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: *Fine Dining*

smokie you have to see how they have the pavillion set up,when you stay in one of the rooms there you have full use of it ,it has a fireplace with rockers and a tv and stereo also a bar b que pit that you can use ,the creek runs through it and it ia shaded by trees there is even a hammock there is a phone that you use to call the lodge and they will bring food or drinks whatever you need or want now thats my idea of taking it easy,i think every one should experience it at least once and if its not your cup of tea well ill have to take your turn lol

10. Re: *Fine Dining*

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 00:19