We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night in gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
one night in gatlinburg

We are going to Gatlinburg this Friday night-just me and the hubby.

I am looking for a hotel that is right on the strip, not dumpy or anything like that, but Im not looking for 300.00 a night either. I looked at Sidney James, River Terrace(stayed there before, its ok but just want a different place this time) and Leconte, but after reading the reviews Im not sure. I dont care to pay, but for one night I dont want to spend a lot since I just live an hour from there, we just want to get away for a night. If it were you guys where would YOU stay. We dont plan on being down there until about 6pm, so it will basically be check in go eat look around, go to the hotel and then get up in the morning and check out. I would like a hot tub, but I can live without it. I want to book ASAP!

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: one night in gatlinburg

two that should meet your needs:

Jack Huff's near light #6 at 204 Cherokee Orchard Road phone number 800.322.1817. www.jackhuffs.com

Gillette Motel at 235 Historic Nature Trail phone number 800 437-0815. www.gillettemotel.com

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night in gatlinburg

Try sleep inn and suites or Comfort inn they have hot tubs in room.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night in gatlinburg

thanks-Jack Huffs has a minimum nights stay but it looked very nice. Still waiting on a reply from Gillette.

What about the econolodge? anybody stayed there, it looks ok

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night in gatlinburg

Royal Townhouse is right in the middle of everything. Roof top pool

Usually has the lowest rates on the strip. Clan and very nice people

ks1503
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: one night in gatlinburg

My husband & I have stayed at the Riverhouse at the Park in the past. The rooms are huge; they have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs & balconies in every room. There prices are very economical & they even bring your free breakfast to your room. They have a trail that leads right into the park. It's actually really very nice!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one night in gatlinburg

The perfect place for you to stay would be the Clarion. I think it's one of the nicest hotels in Gatlinburg. I've never gotten a room with a hot tub, but I'm sure they probably have them. The Clarion is very clean and in a good location.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one night in gatlinburg

Hey guys the Clarion is on my list and so is Riverhouse at the Park can you give us more details on these 2?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: one night in gatlinburg

We like to stay at the Clarion - never dissapointed there. I also have stayed at the Fairfield Inn North and was very please with it. You would probably want to take the trolley into the main section of town from that Fairfield Inn. There is another Fairfield Inn downtown on River Rd. I have not stayed there but it is supposed to be nice.

Have fun!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
854 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: one night in gatlinburg

we have stayed at LeConte for 15 years and have never been disappointed. They have a hot tub and pool in the tower building. If it is going to be just you and your husband , this place everytime we have been there is mostly adults , so it it is a little quieter than some. We have stayed ( by accident) they wrote down the wrong room number when we made reservations in the room that has a 2 person jacuzzi and it was very nice. It is more expensive normally , however since they made the error we got it for the price of a regular room. Hotel has always been very clean, right on the parkway, close to the better resturants , and employees have always been very nice and go out of their way to please. One day a thunderstorm came up so we went back to the room for a quick nap , just as the maid was coming in. She said no problem I'll go do some other rooms and come back in a couple of hours.

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: one night in gatlinburg

itlepeanut:

We have been going to Gatlinburg for years and we think the Clarion is one of the nicest hotels in Gatlinburg. We've never stayed at Riverhouse. But, we have stayed at some dumps and once we tried the Clarion, we haven't tried any other places. It's very clean and modern. We've never had any problems with this hotel. We like the location because it's on the strip, but at the upper end. Hope this helps.

BTW-It's nice to help a fellow Alabama resident.