We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cobbly Nob?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Topic
Cobbly Nob?

Anyone have any experience with Cobbly Nob rentals? They seem short handed in the office, one person told me they were "trying" to be everybody to everyone. I received no response to my emails, either. Their answers to some questions via phone were short, and not too informative....is this usual?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cobbly Nob?

That is most unusual for them. They usually have a very well run office with satified customers. Hopefully they were just having a hetic day and things will be better. Are you certain you have CB Rentals and not Greenbriar Rentals? One is .com and one is .net.

There are several companies that have rentals in Cobbly Nob, so if you aren't satisfied, try another one. Good luck!

CArol

Bucksport, Maine
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cobbly Nob?

I do know that there is a Cobblynob.COM and a Cobblynob.NET

maybe try the other?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cobbly Nob?

By all means, try the other one. It is very competative out there and there are too many good, friendly companies out there to have to settle for inferior service. Go go for it!!!

North Mississippi
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cobbly Nob?

Hello, I stayed at Cobbly Nob in August of 2003 and I loved it. We made our reservations online and called in advance to confirm and let them know that we would be arriving after hours. They place our key in an outdoor lockbox with instructions and the agreement for us to sign and we used the combination they gave us and were on our way to the "Little Bear" cabin. It was a 1 bedroom king sized bed 3 story cabin. Or the Basement actually had a beautiful mural on it and a pool table. I enjoyed every minute there! It was a beautiful cabin I wouldn't mind having. To check out we dropped the keys off at the office and were on our way!

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cobbly Nob?

Hi, tyme. I just called Cobbly Nob this morning for question about cabin rates, and the lady was kind of quick and not so helpful. I thought it was just me.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cobbly Nob?

We just got back from Cobbly Nob-A Taste Of Honey last weekend. I have absolutely nothing but good to say for them. They are the best that I have ever dealt with. Please feel free to email me if there are any questions that I can answer for you. Warning...there is a Cobbly Nob.com and a Cobbly Nob.net. I stayed with .com

Cincinnati
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cobbly Nob?

I had a reservation at Cobbbly Nob in July which I had to cancel two days prior to the scheduled date, due to a family medical emergency. You are right about the office staff. My experience was that they were not very understanding, they would not let us reschedule unless we made another $150 deposit, and they would not refund our money. We are disputing the charge with our credit company. They may have good cabins, but I will never go there to find out.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cobbly Nob?

See my post - Immm baaaack! re CobblyNob

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cobbly Nob?

I'm staying in Cobbly Nob thru Greenbrier Valley Rentals. The ladies I talked to were very patient and helpful with all my questions. I must have called them 6 times in 2 days. The other Cobbly Nob Rental place was not as helpful, seemed to be in a hurry. And I liked the cabins and chalets at Greenbrier better.

10. Re: Cobbly Nob?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:20