We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

Ok TA friends we got almost everything narrowed down now if we wanted to eat one night because we are staying 5 at a nice resturant for our anniverary where should we go and why and what is great on the menu to order ?

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

For a wonderful change from GB & PF ... I'd drive over to Maryville and eat at the Foothills Milling Company Restuarant. It's 5 star dinning in a more causual atmosphere. They have great entrees, Cedar Planked Salmon $21, Sea Bass $26, BBQ Smithfield Pork $17, Lamb Sirloin

$22, Duck Breast $18 and more. Delicious salads and appitizers.

You can view their full menu online at this link:

http://foothillsmillingcompany.com/

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

thats a great idea Psalms but we wanted to stay around the area because we only get up there once a year. But for the future I have bookmarked it.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

I have not been to the Peddler yet, but I have made plans to take hubby for our anniversary/his birthday this weekend. They have window seats next to the creek etc. You can pull up their website and see if it looks like something that is good for you or not. They also have their menu and pricing listed. I also read on a review that they will put a candle on your table if they know it's your anniversary. And you can have flowers delivered there if you wish to have them placed on your table.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

The Peddler is a great restaurant, my wife loves the salad bar (especially the oysters), and the steak I always get seems to melt in my mouth. Make sure you ask for a table by the window along teh river, it is worth the extra wait for a romantic evening meal.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

My wife and I went to the Park Grill for our 25th anniversary dinner. It's very nice and everything that I have had on the menu is great. The have a huge salad bar and a regular bar if you want alcohol. They had a guy that played piano at dinner, but I don't know if he's still there. The decor is rustic like an old fashioned lodge and the menu items have Park themed names. It's a little pricey, but it's your anniversary.

Mentioned in this post
The Park Grill
The Park Grill
1,864 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

Ok guys been doing some research here are some fancy resturants that caught my eye Peddler, Park Grill, Calhouns, Cherokee Grill, and Maxwells

Things that I have noticed Maxwells got bad reviews, Park Grill has to offer panio, Peddler seems alittle more cozy with candlelit dinner by the water, dont know about Calhouns or Cherokee Grill yet.

HELP!!~!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
The Park Grill
The Park Grill
1,864 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,314 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

We LOVE the Park, but the Peddler (which is owned by the same company) seems to have a cozier atmosphere. Tough choice!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

Park Grill, Calhouns, Cherokee Grill

NOT Five Star Restaurants.

I don't know Maxwell's and although I've never eaten at the Peddler, my parents have and like it. Good reputation and seems like more of an "anniversary" restaurant. None of these restaurants, however, are 5 stars, just so you know.

Mentioned in this post
The Park Grill
The Park Grill
1,864 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,314 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

Hey we are not 5 star people we are just ol country folks that like a good 2 step everynow and then lol..... just something nice is what I want and a surprise for hubby he loves steak..

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat for Anniversary Dinner and why?

"staying 5 at a nice resturant "

This must have been the misunderstanding.

Go with The Peddler. Park Grill is more crowded and less intimate.

Mentioned in this post
The Park Grill
The Park Grill
1,864 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN