We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

Has anyone tried the new Bubba Gump restraunt in Gat'g? I'm looking at bringing the family down for an overniter end of the month & it has to be a very budget friendly trip, if ya know what I mean.;) I really thought we'd splurge on dinner that evening & wanted to check this place out. Was it good & what about the prices? Dh isn't gonna want to wait forever & a day to get in either, so what about the best time to go? We will be there on a Sat. night. I am so.....itching to have this wkend get away!! We live about 4-41/2 hrs away & I just wanted to pick up one Sat. morning drive down & get me some good ol' mtn air!!:) Thanks!!

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

i did not know gatlinburg has one now! where is it located?

we have one at Kings Island and the food was good...sorry cant remember anything else, but it was at an amusement park so im sure the prices were high.

you can check out the menu at www.bubbagump.com

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

We ate there about 3 weeks ago.

It was good...not great but good.

We enjoyed our waitress, she was from Russia and very nice. While waiting on our food, she quized us with Forrest Gump trivia questions.

There are several reviews here on TA

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60842-d66…

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

We tried to eat there in July and were told the wait was 45 minutes. I asked if there was a good time to avoid such a long wait, and was told no. We checked it out several times and finally gave up, so if you don't like to wait, you may not want to eat there unless you are in town during a more quiet time.

KY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping that maybe since it's been open for a little while now we won't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get in. We'll just have to see. I'd really like to check it out but, if not, then I guess that'll be a good exuse to plan another trip to Gatl'g!!;)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

I hate to break it to you, but 45 minutes is not a lot of time to wait during busy weekends in Gatlinburg.

Many times during the weekend after Thanksgiving, we have experienced waits at the more popular eateries that can be upwards of 2 hours.

During busy times.....eat early

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

We always try to eat sometime between 5 & 6 and never have to wait for a table, even in July when there are lots of people in town. I asked the hostess at Bubba Gumps if we were there when they opened would the wait be short, and she said no. Hopefully when the newness wears off the wait will be shorter.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

We've eaten at Bubba Gumps twice since it opened and only waited about 15 minutes each time. Both times were at night. Once the line looked long (around 7:00 PM) so we walked around for about an hour and then were seated within 15 minutes around 8:00 or so. I know one of the two times was on a weekend night. We loved the food and atmosphere both times.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

Loved it!!! It was the best food we had our whole trip in June. Very fun atmosphere,great service&no wait!!!All hail Bubba Gump!!!

KY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

Hey thanks guys! I was thinking about going for an early dinner maybe around 4. I'd be willing to wait 30 mins or so and I think if I take dh & ds before they're starving it won't be such a big deal. We never eat on time here at home, usually after 7, so I don't think they'd mind the wait. I was really wondering about prices, would around $60 be pretty close for 3? I looked at their menu on line but there wasn't any prices. It's going to be a really budget minded wkend & I thought this could be our little splurge, along with a stop at the Cheese Shop & the Donut Friar of course!!;)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba Gump, has anyone eaten there?

I don't remember the exact prices but I think $60 will be plenty for 3.

Speaking of the Cheese Shop in The Village.....go upstairs to the hofenbraus restaurant for a great reuben sandwich !