We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wears valley?

ky.boy
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Topic
wears valley?

We have stayed in cabins on the spur and off light #3 in gatlinburg but have recently found a cabin in the wears valley area, can anyone tell me where is wears valley area and also is there a site that has a map that shows all the areas aroung the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wears valley?

Wear's Valley is a beautiful area that lies between Townsend and Pigeon Forge. Wear's Valley Rd. at light #3 in Pigeon Forge is about 16 miles long. There are cabins, high up or on the valley floor, antique and craft shops and a few restaurants. The views are very pretty from the floor or up on the mountainside. There is an entrance to the national park there as well. We really like this area. It is convenient to so much and you can avoid a lot of traffic.

I have a couple of maps saved.

Here is a site with a pretty good map of the area. It covers the parkway from I-40 all the way to the end of Gatlinburg and some of the surrounding area. The yellow line is Sevierville, the blue line is Pigeon Forge and the red line is Gatlinburg. Wears Valley Rd is in the Pigeon Forge section and is also rt. 321 and 73. You will have to zoom in to get a good look.

This site is everyones favorite. It has virtual tours of all the parkways in the area and will show you the location of everything along the way. Click on their virtual tours to get started:

discoverthesmokies.com

Another favorite site that has lots of info too is git2know.com

Hope that helps some.

Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wears valley?

Watch out for aardvark cabin rentals. They wouldn't provide directions ahead of time for their cabins in the Wears Valley area. We stayed at Above the Clouds, formerly called Blue Springs. The road is one lane, unpaved, bumpy and steep. My brother's Mercury Montego bottomed out. Our car's traction control light was on and we wound up with a flat spot on one tire. Beautiful cabin, terrible road! They rent another cabin on the same road with an elevator.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wears valley?

Junktruck,

What cabin did you stay at off of #3 in G'burg? Was it within walking distance to town? This trip I would like to stay near the strip without staying in a hotel. Sorry I have no knowledge of Wears Valley.

I had booked with Diamond realty previously. They didn't want to give me a physical address of the cabin because of safety to other guests. Give me a break! I certainly wasn't going to drive to TN to commit a crime! I simply like to know where I'm staying.

Good luck with your cabin search.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wears valley?

junktruck KY: If you Google Wears Valley Tennessee, you will find just about all the information you need on the Valley.

Wears Valley is close to the action but a little off the beaten path.

discoverthesmokies.com IS the site for what is in the area for entertainment, eating and everything else.

If you decide to stay in the valley, hope you enjoy your stay there.

5. Re: wears valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 October 2008, 14:46
6. Re: wears valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 15:17