We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Hi everyone!

Starting to narrow down a few things for our Thanksgiving trip! This trip is kind of on a tight budget (I plan too many trips a year, lol), so I'm looking for your favorite reasonably priced meals! I am also looking for any good take-out places. Since we are staying in a nice cabin, I'd like to spend a few nights in there with some good take out!

Thanks!

Tara

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Here's an idea you might consider...very budget friendly....when we go to PF/GB I always take my crock pot with me. That way, I can put in a pot roast, chicken, turkey breast, etc. on mornings before we "hit the town" then, when we get "home" at night...dinner is ready, and I know it's gonna be good !

If you like buffets, Ryans or Golden Corral are both good and resonably priced....stay away from Great American Buffet however,

there are also the usual chain fast food places, and just about any restuarant will fix "meals to go"....we like Bennetts in PF...their ribs and pulled pork are execellant.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,111 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Ryans and Golden Corral are a couple of our favorites too.

Also, there's a Little Caesars Pizza in Sevierville, where you can get those one-topping large "hot & ready" pizzas for $5 each.

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Last year we stayed in a cabin by the Arts and Cafts Community and ordered Dominoes Pizza delivered. Also, we grilled on the deck and made mac and cheese one night. We didn't do anything fancy either. It does save lots of money doing it yourself and eating by the fireplace or out on the deck soaking up the beauty of the Smokies! I can hardly wait to go Oct 12. We'll have a better view at this chalet in Cobbly Nob. The crock idea is great, too. I like the Banquet Crockpot meals (chicken and dumplings).

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

At the Brass Lantern you can get a tureen of wonderful vegetable soup and small skillet of cornbread, enough for 2. Cheap lunch or dinner.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

Oooohhh, I LOVE Little Ceaser's pizza! These are wonderful so far, thank you!

Oh, and thanks for the Brass Lantern tip! We love good cornbread.

We are definitely planning on going to a supermarket on our way in to stock up on some things to snack on!

November seems so far away...

Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

I like to make homemade spaghetti with meat sauce and bring it to the cabin. The rotisserie chickens go a long way, too. We like to add the chicken to a salad mix and just add fruit for dessert. I'll be bringing the crock pot this trip for chili and I have a great recipe for creme brulee french toast we'll have for breakfast one morning. It all tastes so much better in the mountains.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

I've posted this before, but my family likes to go through the drive thru of Corky's and get the value meal. It's good b-b-que with 2 or 3 sides. I think it costs around $13-$15 to feed a family of 4 and we had enough left over to snack on it the next day. We take it back to the cabin and enjoy it there.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

I'm with Dodgeball. Corky's is great food and then when you add in the value, you just can't pass it up!

Cindy

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

We always eat a late bfast.. more like brunch and that holds us over until dinner. Of course eating fudge all day helped too. (buy 3 slices get the 4th free, isn't it?) I should know, I've done it so much. That is kinda my idea of budget eating. I love the soup, chilli, roast in the cockpot ideas. I am gonna try that when I have to serve the crew in Oct.

B

Blackshear, Georgia
Level Contributor
170 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's your favorite "budget" meal??

We ordered take out one night from Apple Barn Restaurant in Gatlinburg (not Pigeon Forge one) But I'm sure they have the same. Anyways. we ordered the veggie soup and it had LOTS of soup and cornbread. Also with the meal was the apple fritters and the apple sauce stuff to put on them. It was lots for our money and we had some left and believe me my hubby eats a lot. I was impressed with the value and the amount.

Brenda