We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

Hello,

I am looking for a nice hotel that is close walking distance to a nice restaurant (not fancy just not fast food) and attractions like ripleys haunted adventure and the mirror maze..... any help appreciated

thanks , Kendra

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
842 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

We always stay at Leconte View at redlight 8. Nothing fancy, but our rooms have always been very clean and it is very quiet. It is close to the better resturants , as Best Italian, Peddler, Park Grill , Cherokee and Calhouns are all on that end of town within easy walking distance.

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
842 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

The attractions you mentioned are also close to Leconte, in fact the mirror maze is next door. The Ripleys adventure is just a short walk at light 6 I think.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

Some friends of mine love the Clarion Inn and Suites. It's near Calhoun's, Park Grill, Cherokee Grill and several others. They are very particular about their accomodations. These guys are professional musicians and they travel a lot. I'm not sure about rates, but it would be worth checking on.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

We always stay at the Clarion also. We like that it is a bit more quiet on that end of town and it is right next door to Park Grill, Calhouns, Cherokee Grill, and Bennetts, as well as very close to Best Italian. Their rates may be a bit more than other hotels, but I think the rooms are nice and clean and the service is excellent. Another one I would recommend would be Riverhouse at the Park and Hampton Inn. Riverhouse at the Park is not right on the Parkway, but is on the edge of the park and is still within walking distance of everything. The Hampton is very near the Convention Center and right on the Parkway.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

We are trying Riverhouse at the Park this year...

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

thanks guys,

I will check all of those out, just wanted to be close to the action for one day.... and avoid having to drive in all that traffic....

ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

I would reccomend Riverhouse at the Park too!

8. Re: hotel in gatlinburg on the strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 14:26