We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

Staying in the mid part of the village on Fox Tail trail. Does anyone know about that road?? I think we're going to rent a car so we don't wear ours out, thanks to a tip on PF tripadvisor.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

Laurasmom - girl quit stressing over the roads! LOL I was totally stressed out about the roads that they would be all rocky and steep but they are paved nice - not as wide as I would like but really you arent going to have anything to worry about! Put the rental into 4 wheel drive and go for it! :-) We bought a Kia Sorento (SUV) this year so we are psyched about putting that puppy into 4x4! Then again I dont think it will be needed b.c the roads at Cobbly Nob are very good!

Ok so no more stressing over roads - lets stress over WHERE TO EAT!!!

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

OK, I'm trusting you. I'm really more worried about snakes!

illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

I've been worried about roads too. We stayed in a cabin 20 years ago with my family. I hardly remember the trip but I remember the drive up the mountain. It was awful. My Mom says we stayed in North Carolina not Tennesee. We were reassured that our cabin is only five miles up the mountain on paved roads.

So are there a lot of snakes in the area? What about bears? My husband is hoping to see a bear.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

Hey, Laura's mom! I have been going to CB for five years now, and have only seen one snake and one beear. The roads are fine. The first few times I went up and dwn them , I was nervous since I am from a flat land. Don't worry--you won't need four wheel drive either. What's the name of your cabin?

Carol

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

The name of the cabin (chalet) is Mountain Charm at Greenbrier. I can't wait to get on that deck. I started picking a place too late, about 2 weeks ago, and alot of the ones I wanted were gone. We'll be doing alot of driving around mostly, bbq on the deck, hottub, play pool, would like to go to a good restaurant, we play it by ear usually.

6. Re: Are Cobbly Nob roads steep?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:16