We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Getaway for 11

Mayfield, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Getaway for 11

hello folks, I am trying to plan a Chalet getaway for 11 family members and i am coming up BLANK on the websites for Gatlinburg. Can ANYONE give me some help on a cabin or chalet that sleeps 10 or 11 for any dates between Christmas and new years?? Thanks!!!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

Try Jewel of Gatlinburg, a large 5 master bedroom cabin in Chalet Village @ acabins.com. It looks open during that time and is brand new . You may also want to try Timber Tops @ yourcabin.com.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

I also found another one in Sky Harbor that can accomodate 12 and is open during that time. It is called "A Woo-Hoo View" and is also with acabins.com. Good luck!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

You can try www.vrbo.com. After you get to the area you are looking for, look above the listings and you can sort them by the number of bedrooms.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

Another option for rent by owner properties is Homeaway. On this site, you can put in your dates needed and sort by size. It's easier to navigate than VRBO. It will help if you decide how many actual bedrooms and bathrooms you need. If you have 6 adults and 5 children, you may be able to get a 4 bedroom and put 2 adults in each bedroom and some of the bigger cabins have a bunk style room with several beds for the kids. Better book quickly- those dates go fast!

Lisa

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

Miker: I cannot speak for this site but, you might try it for your itinerary. Online it is www.gotogatlinburg.com.

I have a magazine called Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg and there are multitudes of possibilities listed

Also, since you are planning a trip during what might be considered PEAK time....you might want to get busy and get your reservations, of which I am sure you are aware.

Just a suggestion....good luck in your search.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

Miker,

I'd definitely try www.vrbo.com. Some other ones to try are www.jacksonmountainhomes.com and www.gatlinburgfallsresort.com. These last two the cabins are located in resort areas. I don't know if you have kids coming, but Gatlinburg Falls cabins generally have lots to keep the kids entertained. Some vacation rental by owner places are the same in that they offer games, movies, video game machines.

Good luck with your search.

Cindy

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

Try www.majesticmountainvacations.com and www.sugarmaplecabins.com You better hurry they fill up fast for the holidays

We love both of these companies!

8. Re: Christmas Getaway for 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 21:20