We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which show?

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which show?

I would love to see a show on our trip next week but which one-Comedy Barn, Country Tonite, Sweet Fanny Adams, Dixie Stampede, Miracle Theater? There are so many!!! Me and DH are early 30s, 10yo, 5yo, and 3 mon old. I think I would really like Dixie Stampede but it seems a little pricey and the kids wouldn't eat much food. Baby is really good but could he tolerate these shows (length and noise)? Thanks for the advice.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which show?

My favorite two are The Smith Family Show and The Comedy Barn. The Smith family has two shows. If you go to The Smith Family show you can see their other show that is called Blast From The Past for free. Both shows are shows that your entire family will enjoy.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which show?

The Miracle Theater is great!!!!!!!!!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which show?

I would vote for either the Comedy Barn or Dixie Stampede. Both are for all ages. The baby is young, maybe he/she will sleep during some of the show if you are lucky, they have different show times, so it might work.I would try to get an aisle seat at either place, that way if you would have to take baby for a short walk, you won't have to crawl over people. I would either plan of holding the baby, or bringing in your car seat so baby can rest, not sure you are allowed though, you would have to ask. The other 2 children will enjoy Dixie so much, you will probably have to remind them to eat. Dixie's christmas show is great. I know it is pricey, but it is like 2-1/2 hour show, plus you get the pre-show too.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which show?

I agree with wells... I think both of those shows are great, the dixie stampede is a little pricey but its a vey good dinner and show, the comedy barn is just good,clean family style comedy...

Have Fun!!!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which show?

Be sure to check with the show before buying tickets to see if you can bring the baby in a stroller or carrier.We have a handycap son 9 months old and they would not let a stroller in the show.They said we could bring in a wheel chair but not a stroller(he is too small for a wheel cahir and can not even sit up).We found lots of shows have the same rule so we could not attend because we had no sling or carrier for us to carry him in and hold him the whole show.

The show I like best for the kids is The Blsck Bear Jamboree.

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which show?

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about the Black Bear Jamboree also. I am leaning toward it or the Comedy Barn. Merry Chrismas everyone!

7. Re: Which show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 22:20