We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

because of warm wether they can not shovel fake snow to slopes fast enough was on Nashville news tonight.

Can they not make the snow on the slope or move it with a snow plow?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

Hey, RDG! It looks like things may change by the middle of next week. Flurries are predicted for Wednesday. I can't even imagine trying to ski or even like, fake stuff! When are you going back?

Carol

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

yes, it looks like it should be cold enough now! I want to go back before lights are down but my daughter is ready for me to come to VA for a viset but my son is moving there next month so I might wait. I am ready soon as someone says lets go. I think Jenn is about ready for a mountain break so it could be any time! When are you going?

Tam

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

I hope to go the middle of next week if not sooner! Will let you know.. Happy New Year!

Carol

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

I just read an article that stated that it should be cold enough tonight to start making snow. That together with the predicted Mother Nature snowfall should open Ober Gatlinburg back up and let the skiers do some downhilling.

Cindy

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

If Nashville news is right they got enough real snow today to be open! The news said when they were closed they lost $100,000. a day!

6. Re: Ober Gatlinburg slopes closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:20