We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lookout smokies,here we come

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
lookout smokies,here we come

YEH!!! I just convinced my husband to switch our summer vacation from Disney to the mountians!!When I showed him on paper how much money we would save,he was schocked!We were gonna spend our usual ,about 9 days in a value resort,tickets/meal plan,etc. for the whopping aprox. cost of 6,000!!And thats in a tiny lil room,no relaxation,no natural beauty,etc. But in the mountians were gonna rent a 2 bdr. cabin(great outdoor rentals again)with all the trimmings for 7 nights,buy season passes to Dollywood,hike,shop,EAT,etc. and only spend around 2,800!!Total,with gas and all!! Gotta love that!! So I'll be here chatting with all my TA friends from now till the end of May for some of yall's wonderfull advise!!!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

Hey May... Thatta Girl... We are here... Post on.

B

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

WOW!!!

I never realized it cost that much to go to Disney!!!

Well in my opinion you just can't beat the mountains, I am planning our 2nd(and 3rd)trip as we speak...

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did ours!!

happy planning!!!

Kendra

ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

Good for you! I would pick mountains over Disney any day.Still not sure if I'll make it to the Smokies this year or not.If my brother hikes the Appalachian Trail this year I might go meet him when he passes through the Smokies.If he doesnt I think we will go to the White Mountains and Acadia NP.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

Congrats May 15! Now you know the secret to the Smokies...it's beautiful AND a bargain.

Have a great time planning your trip!

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

We looked at going to Disney World for just a few days with the kids and it was going to cost us as much to go into the park with 2 kids for 3 days as it would cost to rent a cabin for 7 days. So we are going back to the mountains this year too. We are planning on going the last week of May.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

Thanks yall!!! Cant wait to start planning here again!! This forum is the most fun way I've ever planned a trip.Its usually me, alone with travel books....there just not as entertaining as yall!!!

7. Re: lookout smokies,here we come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 12:16