We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is This Restaurant Still Open?

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
785 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is This Restaurant Still Open?

We haven't been to Gatlinburg in almost ten years, but the last time we were there, we visited a restaurant out in the country a little ways called Teague's Mill Restaurant whose specialty was catch-your-own rainbow trout. They had the coolest atmosphere there, sort of an open-air covered patio next to a mountain stream, and the employees were so nice in helping our kids catch a trout. Does anyone know if this place is still open or not? I don't know when we'll be getting back to Gatlinburg, but it would be nice to know that if and when we do go back, this restaurant will still be there. The other recent threads about all the restaurant closings in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge made me wonder.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

I forgot all about that place. I read about it a few years back and thought it would be a unique place to go. But, it closed in September 2006.

dininginthesmokies.com/_gatlinb/aaprofit.htm

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
785 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

Wow, I hate to hear that, but thanks for the info. It was such a cool place to eat, and so different from all of the places along the strip. Oh well...

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

There is a place in Sevierville called English Mountain Trout Farm & Grill that seems to be like the other one. You catch your own fish to be cooked for you. The reviews are mixed and I have never been there. I just remembered someone talking about it before. It might be worth checking out.

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

I wonder if anything ever opened in its place. The picture from dining in the smokies shows what a pretty place it was.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
785 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

It was a very pretty place, and far enough outside of town that it was totally removed from the crowds on the main strip. It was just really peaceful. The best thing about Teague's though, was the people who worked there. I don't know if most of them were family members or what, but they were so nice! We have a video of our son catching his first fish when he was three, and the young man who was working that night was just so sweet and helpful. It seems like Teague's was run by a really nice local family. Whatever the reason for its closing, Gatlinburg has lost a truly wonderful family restaurant.

Thanks for the tip on the place in Sevierville. When we ever manage to get back down that way we may check it out, although our kids are now 13 and 16 and probably wouldn't get quite as excited about catching their own dinner as they did when we visited Teague's all those years ago :)

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
6. Re: Is This Restaurant Still Open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 19:20