We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin Company Lists

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Topic
Cabin Company Lists

Hi All!

This time of year is a big time for everyone to start planning vacations! We see lots of posts arise about what cabins are the best, or what cabin companies are good to stay with. Since we have several newbies on here who haven’t seen our old posts, I thought it might be a good idea to start a post about companies we have stayed with. We can post our list of unbiased, renter’s opinions, giving “advise from real travelers” as Trip Advisor says. We could include what we liked, what amenities we had that were unique or outstanding, and anything else that made the cabin or company special. Maybe this post could be about places we liked, and not so much about places we would not recommend.

We all know there are sites like vrbo and frbo etc… and if you want to go that route for your vacation, that's is fine too... but I would like this thread to be focused on just the highest rated cabin rental companies we have used only. So if you happen to own an accommodation, or know an accommodation owner, please do not reference such.

I wanted to post this today since Saturday and Sunday are good days to reach a lot of people. So, now I have to go work on my list!

Thanks Everybody!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin Company Lists

Yep, Smokiesgrl, I guess the new year brings us to this point again, planning for This year's vacation. Gosh, where did the months go and oh what a difference a year can make with me.

Well, I will begin. I will mention only the ones we have used in the last few years cause previous ones in our 26 years of annual travels up there could be crap by now and Lord knows I don't want to suggest those.

I love renting from smaller companies that don't fee you to death and make you worry with alot of details like signed agreements and strict cancellation policies.

Country Elegance Cabins- Gatlinburg private local owner company. My favorite.. Old Buck. 2 BR by a large stream. Secluded. Miles up 321/light 3 in Gat.

All Seasons Cabins- Pigeon Forge private local owner company. We stayed in both of their 2 cozy, secluded honeymoon cabins, Peekaboo and Sweet Dreams for the last 3 years. Close to the parkway off of Wears Valley Road but you feel like you are miles from all the hustle and bustle.

Timbercreek Cabins- smaller PF company down Wears Valley Road. Wonderful staff. My favorite.. Creekside Cabin by a stream. I think they have a cleaning fee now but when we stayed with them they didn't.

These are the cabin companies we have enjoyed. Have mercy if I listed the other accommodations in 26 years. Glad you limited your list to cabin companies this go round.

B

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin Company Lists

We LOVE a smaller company called Great Outdoor Rentals.The lowest prices I've found,no added on fees like hot tub,cleaning,per person,Etc.All the things the big companies hit you with.Bob and carey in the office are very nice and helpfull.And the cabins are nice and private unlike a resort.You just cant beat them!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin Company Lists

OK, well here's our list & it's a short one. We've been going down to TN for the past (almost) 10 years starting with our honeymoon. We have stayed with a few companies, most of them good.

Great Outdoor Rentals - no extra fees..that was great & the first time with a company like that. Our cabin was wonderful & just as we expected. Had an incident with the garbage cans & they came out right away to take care of it. Another nice thing was the check-in, check-out systen. You call the office after a specified time & they give you a code to the cabin....you never have to go to the office.

ERA in the Smokies - We have used them twice & have been very pleased both times, quick check-in & check-out, good directions, great cabins.

Jackson Mountain Homes - We have also stayed with them twice & the experiences were good. Cabins were clean & looked like their online pics. Staff was friendly.

One of our favorite cabins is with ERA. It was the cabin we stayed at on our honeymoon & therefore is special to us. It was with a different company then, but we found it again with ERA & were thrilled.

Hope this helps somebody a little bit.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin Company Lists

ok my list.. (if you want to call it that) is very, very short...

we have only been to the smokies once, this past july.. we stayed in a cabin with Sugar Maple Cabins at Starrcrest Resort.. now while they do have the x-tra fees for reservations and cleaning they also offer the most spectacular views of the smokies, brand new cabins and unbeleiveable views, I prefer a resort setting, not cabins stacked on top of each other, but a little more of a neighborhood feel.. (not for everybody)but I have to say we had the time of our lives there, and we are going to stay with them again just because the view is so awesome...

I keep trying to find the same kind of view for a little less $$ but still looking...

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin Company Lists

The first few times we stayed with Black Bear Lodging in Wears Valley. The people were super nice and the cabins were awesome. Clean and beautiful. But they were UP the mountain, and going up and down a lot just wasn't what I wanted. The views were great, but I just couldn't handle the roads several times a day.

Last year and this year we used Cabins USA and stayed/are staying in Cabins at the Crossing. It is a resort type community, but the cabins are beautiful even if close together. There is a pool to use if you want. The crossing is pretty close to everything, in the NASCAR Speedpark, WAlmart area, but far enough off of the parkway to be fairly quiet. And it is an easy drive to and from them.

Also, I don't reccommend the Microtel close to the Sevierville end of the parkway. The first year we stayed there it was newer and fairly clean and nice, but the second time, it wasn't very nice at all. Funny smells, carpet looked really nasty, and the water ran in the toilet all the time. Even after we called for maintenance. So if you are looking for a motel, choose another one.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin Company Lists

Ok here is my 2 cents worth

Great Outdoor Rentals is my all time favorite. Just can not beat their service or prices. No fees other than a charge for pets.

Bluff Mountain Rentals is my second choice - Love all they offer, pool, picnic area, club house with pool table, paddle boats, basket ball, kids can feed the ducks all free of charge and their prices are fantastic. The only reason they are my second choice is because they do not allow pets.

Cabins For You is my third choice. Third choice because they charge a small hot tub fee and a small cleaning fee but they have 1500 square foot cabins for $85.00 a night and they give great customer service and our cabin was very clean. (Just stayed with them for the first recently)

My fourth choice and my winter choice (if I do not take my dog with us) is The Resort at Governors Crossing. Huge room just like a house, condo style.They have an Indoor Water Park for thier guest too.

If we need a clean cheap place we like The Motel 6 in Pigeon Forge. They have wonderful customer service, double rooms are on the small side but the bathroom is a nice size. Qween rooms with one bed you have lots of room. They also have a really large pool and wonderful Hot Jacuzi.

I turely love The Royal Townhouse in Gatlinburg. They however do not allow pets so when we stay there we must leave our 4 legged baby at home and that makes me sad. They are very reasonably priced, on the main strip so you can walk to everything, Has a roof top pool and balcony and a covered garage for your vehicle. You can park and never have to move your vehicle until you are ready to go home.

Well that all Folks!

missouri
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin Company Lists

Mine is very short.

All Seasons Cabins. Jay and Julie are the best. Very clean, NEVER a question about security as they live near the cabins. They only own two and they take care of them. Still secluded in woods and great prices.

We have stayed there 3 times and it is nice to expect no problems everytime we plan a vacation.

Julie

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabin Company Lists

We have only stayed with one cabin company.

Jackson Mountain Homes. 4 bedroom, Overlook Lodge.

Looked even better in person.

For those who have posted already and those who will post, can you also give names of specific cabins that you have stayed at and the number of bedrooms.

That would also be a great help.

I am looking right now for a 3 bedroom cabin for June.

So, any info would be greatly appreciated.

shubuta, ms
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabin Company Lists

Bluemist Cabins. Private owner owned. They are EXTREMELY family friendly. They have 3 cabins, and we've stayed in 2 of them. No extra fees, no extra per person fees. One of the cabins is near a catch and release pond and it has a huge yard. It has to be our favorite. The cabins are stocked with DVD/videos, satellite tvs, game consoles w/games, gates for stairs, high chairs, puzzles, books, boardgames,and I know that one of them has a foosball table. All of the cabins have huge hot tubs, and many other extras that would take to long to list. We've been to the smokies many times and have tried other cabin companies, but Bluemist is our all time favorite (my teenagers favorite too.)By the way, they are pet friendly!!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
116 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabin Company Lists

We stayed with Cabins USA. The cabin we stayed in was not in a resort community. There was only one other cabin that we could see. View of the mountains, trees all around, halfway up a mountain yet only 5 minutes from Gatlinburg.Hot tub, jacuzzi, pool table, fully furnished kitchen. Their website is www.cabinsusagatlinburg.com.