We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

DeKalb, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

We have 2 families traveling to the Smokies in August. We would like to book a cabin to share. We will have 4 adults and 6-7 children (ages 2, 4, 6, 8, 8, 12, 12). We would like a resort that has a swimming pool and possibly other kid-friendly amenities. Also, we would like to be fairly close to Great Smoky Mountain NP and restaurants. Although not in a congested area--traffic, touristy, etc... We don't mind driving on some curvy roads, but don't really want anything too treacherous. We would really appreciate any suggestions...we want this to be a fun trip for all. Any activity suggestions would also be appreciated.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

You might want to try Black Bear Falls. The drive to the cabins is not bad at all and they have a pool. Jackson Mountain rents a lot of cabins in that community.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

Would recommend Gatlinburg Falls Resort they have beautiful cabins located 2 minutes from parkway.

They have a swimming pool on site and all the cabins have game rooms (pool table,hockey table,pacman machine) See pictures on there web site.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

we rented a 4 BR from Jackson Mountain homes a few years ago called Bear Haven. we had swimming pool access, were up wiley oakley road past the visitors center right before the gatlinburg bypass. we loved it. the road was windey, but not too bad. getting to the NP was easy, you came down wiley oakley and just hopped on the bypass, 10 minute drive, tops. the view was beautiful...looking down onto the lights of pigeon forge and seiverville. this cabin also had a pool table, big hot tub, big tv... perfect for a large family and plenty of places to sleep.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

Well Hi Irish! How you been?

I'm going to check out that cabin. I am looking for a four bedroom in October.

DeKalb, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

Thanks for the info so far everyone!! Keep 'em comin'!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

smokiesgrl...great! baby boy came in early december. he and my 2 year old have been keeping me very busy, so i haven't been online much. between holidays, travelling, the babies (both are sick right now...baby has pneumonia, worried me sick for the 2 days we were at childrens hosp), and tryign to get back into "work" mode, i've had little time to browse TA. but we're wanting to do g-burg over memorial day again, so here i am! hope all is well with you!

7. Re: first trip to smokies--2 families--need cabin suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 16:17