We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
First visit

We have a reservation at Tree Tops Timeshare resort for a week at the end of March, so can anyone please tell me what the weather is likely to be at that time? Also, as I can't find anyone I know who has been to that area, what would be the best things to do in a week? We are flying in and out of Atlanta and will drive up to Gatlinburg.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit

Welcome to the US poglette! I hope you enjoy your trip to the Smokies...it's like nothing else :0)

The last week of March can have quite variable weather...you might have a 70-75 degree sunny day where a t shirt and jeans are perfect. Then that night it will cool down to the 40s and you'll want a cozy fleece jacket or sweater. Most likely the temps will be in the low 60 to mid 60s during the day. March is also not as rainy as other times of the year, but be prepared and bring an umbrella just in case.

You can check out more weather for the area by going to weather.com and entering Gatlinburg for the location.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit

I don't know anything about Tree Tops but i can tell you the weather is iffy in March. We've had days that were pretty warm...t-shirts and shorts weather....and some days were pretty cold. So I would definately pack for both warm and cold weather. We always try to do things in the park. Not sure if you like hiking but there are many trails to hike. I would suggest Cades Cove and maybe take in a few shows in Pigeon Forge. There is also Dollywood or Dixie Stampede.

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit

Will probably have windy and rainy days that time of year could have some mild sunny days also.

Visit Cades Cove, Roaring Forks Motor Trail, drive 441 through the Great Smoky's Park. See the Ripleys Aquarium in Gatlinburg, Comedy Barn or Dixie Stampede dinner show and Dollywood Amusement Park in Pigeon Forge .

Take a day to visit the Arts and Crafts Community.

Good restaurants to eat at are Calhouns, Cherokee Grill, The Peddler, Pancake Pantry and Log Cabin Pancake House.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit

Hello! Like mentioned above by Rhody (Hey Rhody!!)

good chance of rain so I would get a few of those rain ponchos and throw them in your suitcase, just in case. I know your packing will be limited since you are flying in.

B

maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit

Oh definitely Cades Cove, Roaring Forks, Dollywood and also the outlets. We absolutely loved the Cherokee Grill, Bennett's BBQ, and Alamo Steakhouse.

6. Re: First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg