We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with cabin

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help with cabin

I have been searching for a long time for a 4 br cabin to acomidate 4 couples (1 with 2 children)

I have narrowed my search down to these cabins.

Can anyone comment or offer your opinion about these cabins or if anyone has stayed in these cabins i would apreciate your review.

http://yourcabin.com/584Lodge-Mahal.aspx

http://edencrest.net/c4/runningbear.htm

http://edencrest.net/c4/aboveitall.htm

www.sugarmaplecabins.com/cabin.asp…

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with cabin

Okay I'll try to help. I can see your dilema (sp?). I love them all for different readsons. My list to narrow the list down is the following.

1. View

2. Location (pf or gburg)

3. And what amenties I prefer ( like I saw one with a great theater and one with a better area for pool, air hockeym, arcade.

4. Check w/ the other people and see what they may prefer.

5. Window I just like to look out at the view even if I am not on the deck to see the views. Like we stayed in a cabin when we looked out of our bedroom window when we woke up and see the mountains it is just heaven to us.

6. added fees on certain rental co.

For me I would pick yourcabin.com/584Lodge-Mahal.aspx

I just love them all. Sorry if this didn't help much.

I usually stare at my picks till I'm blue in the face.. Good luck

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with cabin

I looked again and found myself loving the view and the gameroom of sugarmaplecabins.com and the bedrooms. this is the winner for me. Good luck!!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with cabin

Well i can't view the edencrest cabins but definately love yourcabin and sugarmaplecabins. Sugarmaple looks lke it has two beds in the one bedroom so that would be good for the couple with kids. There are a few things i have to have when renting a cabin. They are a good view, hot tub, pool table, and being close to town. Let us know which one you choose.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with cabin

Lodge Mahal looks unbeleivable. We have stayed with Timber Tops twice and the pictures on the web site have been exactly what the cabin looked like. I also like the Wears Valley location. It's a beautiful area. Timber Tops have always been good to us.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help with cabin

I am kind of leaning towrds lodge mahal. The view is fantastic and the cost is the same for all of them.

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: help with cabin

Burbon -

Take a look at this one "Pine Cone Lodge".

chestnutridgecabin.com/pine-cone-lodge/pine-…

We stayed in their other cabin Laurel Glen and it was FANTASTIC. Rentals are done through Timbercreek. The cost is certainly less than what you are looking at also and I assure you, you would not be disappointed.

We have also rented through Timber Tops. We would not do that again. They tend to deceive with the pictures by stretching them. Cabin looked the same as the pictures but much smaller. You can usually notice the stretching by looking at the size of the sofa in one picture and picture from a different angle it's a loveseat! But the biggest disappointment with Timber Tops... the cleanliness left much to be desired! Cabin had a beautiful view but we couldn't see it for the filthy windows. I could go on but that's enough of my anti timber tops rant.

Happy Cabin Hunting!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: help with cabin

Melanbob

Thanks for the info. Pine cone lodge looks great!!!

Unfortunately it is booked for the time period that i need it for (3/27 to 3/30) and you are right the price is much better then timber top.

I will definetly put this one on my list for next time.

Do you know of any other cabins similar to this one.

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help with cabin

Look at all the one's with Timber Creek.

http://www.timbercreekcabins.com/

They are located in Wears Valley out almost as far as Lyon Spring Road and all their cabins are within about 2 miles of their office.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: help with cabin

melanbob

do you know anything about this cabin from timbercreek.

timbercreekcabins.com/cabins/wildernesslodge…

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help with cabin

Don't have any info on those you are looking at but wanted to add another one...just to keep you more confused..haha

Anyways, we stayed with JMH a couple years ago.

Overlook Lodge was a 4 bedroom. Beautiful cabin and the view fantastic.