We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Just returned today from the smokies we had a wonderful time as always. Thursday we left early in the morning because it takes about 6 hours to get there from our home. We stopped at the Walmart store and purchased some snacks and sub sandwiches to have in our cabin for lunch everyday. Traffic was not bad on the way down however that was a different story on Saturday.

Saturday there was lots and lots of Church Youth Groups and lots of other visitors. The traffic was like we had never seen before. The weather was also wonderful the sun was shining bright and it was warm.

It felt like spring time and looked like spring lots of people were riding around in the day with there car windows down and in the evening we went to eat

dinner on the Parkway the dinner was great but wrong idea because traffic was a nightmare in the evening.

After dinner we tryed to get back to our cabin not so easy we waited in traffic for 1 Hour!! I guarantee

it was a record for all the traffic and people around

I forgot to add Friday before here goes. Friday we decided to wake up early and have the Donut Friar.

Yes we finally tryed the Donut Friar!! We had the glazed and cake donuts with chocolate on top. The donuts were yummy. Wanted the Friar Special donuts cream filled but they were not ready yet. Went later that day and the Friar Special were then gone. Went back to the cabin to eat donuts and hung around the cabin playing pool, video games and enjoying the heart shaped tub. Friday night we had dinner at the Smoky Mountain Brewery which is always enjoyable.

We did the Hollywood Wax Museum and took pictures.

Late evening had dessert and watched a movie on

big flat screen t.v.

Sunday had breakfast in cabin and went to Cades Cove

Museum and Bookstore. Went driving around in early morning and went up high in different areas and took

pictures. Had pizza for dinner and ate it inside cabin.

Also forgot to mention we had Log Cabin Pancake House

on Saturday for Breakfast (always a favorite)

On Valentines Day we had Dinner at Peddler Steakhouse

and it was (wonderful) as always.

We loved going this time of year always went in summer before but this was better.

Going again next year around this time.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

You didn't jump into the icy cold river?

Kidding. Glad you had a good time.

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Glad you had a great time. I think anytime is a good time especially off season when not crowded!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

christy,

glad to hear you had a great time on your trip!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Christy, what a wonderful place to spend Valentines. Glad you had pretty weather and a wonderful trip.

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Hey Christy31 so glad you had a such a nice trip! I was wondering did you get a chance to check out Havana Dreams Cafe? or hear anything about it? Thank you, Amber

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

No I did not try the cafe I wanted to but traffic was extremely crowded so I did not make it. The place looks colorful on the outside.

Someone tell us how the Havana Dreams Cafe is.

Thanks

ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

I am glad that you had a great time!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip with gorgeous weather!!! So glad you had a great time! Thank you for taking the time to write your report!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Glad you had a great time dispite the traffic. We had friends in Gburg for the weekend and they said the same thing. But they enjoyed being there anyway. Even called me from Greenbrier, sitting in their chairs on the banks of the river, enjoying the warm temps just to rub it in! :)

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We Had Wonderful Trip!! Feb.14-18th

Funny! I called my grandmother when we arrived and told her how beautiful the weather was and that I was talking to her while seating on the cabin deck in the swing looking at the beautiful mountains.

She laughted and said that isn't fair. Anyway I guess we picked a great time to travel. Thanks Everyone for responding.