We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

Here is the link to the story I read in Asheville paper.

www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article…

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

I wouldn't mind being snowed in at a beautiful cabin right now, sitting by the fireplace, sipping some hot tea or cider. Can't wait until later this month!!!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

Yeah, we just left LeConte about 2 weeks ago and wanted to do the backpack for 3 days to see snow. All we got was nearly 80 mph winds, some rain and light snow. I hiked up LeConte about 5 days after the Storm of the Centure in 1993 and there was almost 4 feet of snow on the ground up there. It was awesome.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

We did not get 17" of snow but did get about 6-7". It was absolutely beautiful and watching it snow was so relaxing and peaceful. I just posted some pictures of the snow on the Pigeon Forge forum if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Peggy

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

Thanks for sharing your photos, Peggy. On the local news tonight, they showed lots of pictures people had sent in from around the area. It's hard to believe that Knoxville had only half an inch to an inch of snow and the mountains got socked in.

Amy

Kentucky
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

I do not know the surroounding areas that well. Did Gatlinburg get alot of snow? I am heading that way today and wanted to know what to expect.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

Although it is still quite cold (31 now with a high today in the mid 40's) the sun is bright. It should melt the snow in any area that it reaches. The shady spots might still be a problem.

The Parkway thru Pigeon Forge is clear and the webcam for Gatlinburg makes that Parkway look like it is in good condition.

Peggy

7. Re: Mount Laconte 17 inches of new snow.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 16:17