We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trees fall on woman in park

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
trees fall on woman in park

Did anyone hear this on the news? It was on WKRN channell 2 news in Nashville tonight but I can not find anything on it.

I think it happened yesterday.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trees fall on woman in park

Here you go, Tam. It was also on my GoSmokies News feed.

http://tinyurl.com/38modh

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trees fall on woman in park

Thank u Bob!

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trees fall on woman in park

What a nightmare! I guess better a tree than big rocks?!

Last time I was on Foothills Parkway (West) there was a section where a lot of rocks had fallen and they had to make a pull off be the road.

When I see those signs that say watch for falling rocks I always think how do I watch for falling rocks and drive!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trees fall on woman in park

On February 1st of this year a guest of ours was caught in a landslide about 6 miles from Cherokee on US 441. She was flown to Nashville for trauma surgery. I spoke with her yesterday to see how she was doing. She is recovering and starts physical therapy next week.

She was out of her car and helping clear debris of US 441 in the park when the mountain gave way and she was struck by trees and debris. These things are rare and it was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I did not click on the link and not sure if it is the same news story or not.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trees fall on woman in park

That is terrible! Honestly I never thought about that happening next time It will cross my mind.

6. Re: trees fall on woman in park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:17