We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

StL
Level Contributor
72 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

Anyone eaten at the Bear Creek Grill?

Love to hear your comments!

Thanks!

StL Cards Family

3 days til G'burg!!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

DH and I have eaten here. We love the location up hwy 321, East Parkway. Food was good, could be pricey. They had live entertainment in bar area when we went. Been 5 years or so I couldn't even tell you what we ate. What does stand out in my mind about it was a bear greeted us at the front steps and had to be run away before guests could enter. I was on my way back to the car.

Pull up www.dininginthesmokies.com and you will find their website, menu, and pics.

Hope y'all have a wonderful trip.

B

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

We ate here last July because i heard the food was good. Well, we thought it was horrible. The prices are high and the food is below average in my opinion. I ordered some kind of chicken which wasn't bad but wasn't good either. It came with mashed potatoes which had to be instant as well as the gravy. I also ordered broccoli and they sent out the whole head. It was covered in a cheese sauce which was kinda bland. We were very disappointed.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

This is run by the same people as Best Italian. I had spaghetti and meatballs, yummy, and I got the same garlic rolls served at Best Italian. DH got some type of fish and was not impressed. We were seated next to a large glass wall and it was nice looking at the park outside the wall. We may go back sometime.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

We went two years ago and we all really enjoyed the food even though it was pricey. I don't remember what everyone actually got but I believe some had steak and the rest had chicken. We ended up getting a second set of rolls which were good but we sure didn't need them. I should have made my meal out of rolls only.

Linda

Kentucky
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

We ate there last spring when we were in town. It's a neat location. We sat on kind of an enclosed patio thing over a creek, which was very pretty. The food was just okay, except for the Best Italian garlic rolls, which of course were awesome. I think we had lasagna and a hamburger for our entrees. So it was pretty hard to mess up, but they still could have been much better. The worst thing, however, was the service. The restaurant was nearly empty but it took us FOREVER to get everything. By the end of the meal, we were going to the bar to get our own refills. I don't know what was going on.

StL
Level Contributor
72 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

Thanks for all the opinions! I think we'll be skipping the BCG this year!

We are still looking for a great place to have a nice, quiet dinner for 2!

Thanks again!

StL Cards Family

7. Re: Comments on the Bear Creek Grill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 15:17