We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entree prices of old mill restaurant

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Level Contributor
81 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
entree prices of old mill restaurant

Hi!

I was interested in going to the Old Mill restaurant during my visit to Gatlinburg (primarily because of its selection of vegetarian entrees) and was wondering how much an average meal costs there. They don't post the menu prices on their website and we are on a budget!

Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

I don't remember exact prices, but lunch is MUCH less expensive than dinner and the only difference is that dessert doesn't come with the meal, which is no big loss anyway (theirs aren't that good).

Good thing you like vegetarian entrees since the vegetable platter is literally the best thing on the menu. You get four veggies and it comes with unlimited corn fritters and a bowl of corn chowder. Their veggies are great as are their famous fritters and chowder.

All their other food, is sub par to just plain bad. Please, by all means, don't let anyone in your party order country fried steak. It is the worst I have ever had...anywhere.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

PS

Most of their vegetables are cooked in ham hock so if you are a vegetarian, you may want to stick with just fritters and chowder.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

I have to agree on both counts....food with all the flavor of a cardboard box, and not a great choice for vegetarians(my daughter is a vegetarian too).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

If you are still intersted in the pricing, the like below from discoverthesmokies.com will take you to the menu. The last time it was updated was in '03, so please keep in mind that the prices have gone up. In any case, it gives you an idea of the average price, plus a little more.

Right from the site please remember, the prices on the menu are for "For Travel Planning Use Only, ALL Data subject to change without notice"

thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_pigefor/…

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

I keep ordering the vegetable quiche every time I go because it's so good! I've tried what my dh orders and it's ok, but so far, nothing beats my tried & true favorite.

I agree about going for lunch as the better option. I'm pretty sure that quiche dish is under $10 for lunch.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

I agree that their deserts aren't that good any more!

I have always got good fried food including country fried steak but broiled chicken and pork chops were dry with no flavor.

You use to get a lot more food at dinner than lunch,one dinner of pot roast enough for 3 meals, I wonder if it has changed! Pot roast pretty good.

Corn fritters are so good!

Corn chowder way to spicy for me!

Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Level Contributor
81 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

If not this place for a vegetarian, where do you recommend?? I am at a loss where to go to eat since there are really limited options and I don't want to only eat salad.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

When we were at the Old Mill a few months ago, it seems the lunch prices fell in the $11-16 range and the dinner prices were around $16-25.

We've eaten there 3 or 4 times and I've been pleased with the food each time. My husband doesn't care for it as much because he feels it's too expensive for the type of food served. He'd rather eat a steak if he's going to pay $16-25.

The portions are large and you could possibly share a plate. You will have leftovers because of the huge portion sizes.

We've only eaten for lunch and ended up leaving the last time since the wait at night was going to be so long.

Lisa

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

Lunch prices are definately better then dinner. And honestly you get way too much food for dinner anyways. I'm not sure about their vegetarian entrees as i always get fried chicken or fried pork chops which have always been good in my opinion.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: entree prices of old mill restaurant

I've only eaten breakfast there, but I thought it was pretty good. I don't remember thinking it was outrageously expensive.