We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ky.boy
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Topic
pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

We will be coming in on wears valley road into pigeon forge and would like to know if theres an alternate route to get from that point over to 321 in gatlinburg to avoid the construction on the spur?

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

where are you going on 321? that will determine what directions i give you.

ky.boy
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

We are going to be around stop light 2a on 321

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

Depending on when you are coming, it may not pay to go another way if traffic isn't bad. Here's what I would recommend if it was me and the traffic on the parkway is heavy in Pigeon Forge.

When you get to the parkway in Pigeon Forge, go across it at light 3. Go to the light (Teaster Rd) and turn right. Go a mile and a half or so to the next light (Middle Creek) and turn right. About 1/4 mile at the next light turn left (Upper Middle Creek). Go out that road a couple miles, (you'll pass the new Timber Tops rental office) and on the right will be Boogertown Road. There is a small campground right at the corner on the right side. Stay on that road for several miles (curvy!) till you get to the flashing light in the Arts and Crafts area (Glades Rd). Make a right and that will bring you out to 321. Glades might be light 2A, I can't remember. There isn't any other way any closer that I know of. I looked at my Sevier Co. map and there are other roads but they all end up out on the spur somewhere, not thru to Gatlinburg area. Like I said, if traffic isn't to bad, it may not be worth going this way. Hope this helps. When are you coming?

ky.boy
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

grassmower we will be arriving 3/31 late afternoon

5. Re: pigeon forge to gatlinburg short cut ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 04:15