We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Northern Kentucky
4 posts
Save Topic
secluded cabin/smoking allowed

My husband and I have been together ten years and we never had a honeymoon or even a vacation with the kids! I am graduating college in May and to celebrate we are taking the kids to Kings Island this summer and WE are going for a romantic week in Gatlinburg. He's never been there, but I went with my family several times when I was a kid and they went numerous times after I was gone. So we're planning a trip in June and I found this forum. Great restaurant reviews, by the way! Everybody seemed so nice and helpful, I thought I'd jump right in!

Anyway, we really want a secluded, romantic cabin; but I'm having a hard time finding cabins where smoking is allowed. (I know we should just quit, but since we probably won't by then...I want to be able to smoke in my vacation cabin!)

I found about 5 with Jackson Mountain rentals; 1 with the Chalet Company called "Paradise Point"; 2 with Volunteer Cabin Rentals; 1 with Great Smoky Mountains Cabin Rentals called "Heaven's Nest"; "The Treehouse" with Heartland Cabin Rentals; "Mountain Bliss" with Majestic Mountain Vacations; 2 cabins with Fireside Chalet and Cabin Rentals; and finally, one cabin called "The Gray Wolf" with Auntie Belham's cabin rentals.

Is anyone here familiar with any of these companies or cabins? Are there any in particular I should avoid?

Does anyone know of companies with good, secluded cabins that allow smoking? Most search forms, when the websites have them, don't offer "secluded" and "smoking" both as preferences.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I've even found the ones I have, huh?

Thank you SO much!!!

Debbi

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Don't know the particular cabin..but great outdoor rentals is a very good company.We never use anyone else.Nice people,prices and cabins.

Northern Kentucky
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Thanks for the tip! I checked it out optimistically, but their rental policy says "no smoking".

I understand why owners wouldn't want people to smoke; but some cabins do allow it and I'm trying to find GOOD ones that do. I'm scared any cabin that allows smoking might not be as clean in general...does that make sense? I'm worried it's only allowed in cabins that aren't as nice as non-smoking cabins.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Why not just smoke on the porch and take in natures beauty??

Millbrook Alabama
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

TeeJnDeb,In 2006 we stayed at a alpine rental cabin by the name of " for fun and games " it was smoking hot tub two bedrooms with a heart shaped jac. in each and was nice. It is way up Wiley oakly Rd but nice and private I thought.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Debbi, I know a lot of people who own cabins and I don't know anybody who permits indoor smoking. Most are fine with you smoking outdoors on the deck or covered porches. Since you're going in the summer, wouldn't that be okay?

I agree with you...I'd be a little concerned that a cabin that allows smoking isn't maintained as well. I mean, if you have heavy smoking in a cabin when the windows are closed, the smoke can't help but infiltrate the soft fibers like curtains, sofas, beds, bedding, etc.

BTW, I have nothing against smokers--my DH is a pack-a-day smoker!

Amy

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

I dont know about any other cabins but there were butt buckets on all three decks of the one we just stayed in. You could ask about that.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

basically i've found everywhere (not just gatlinburg) that any lodging that allows smoking indoors just doesn't care about how the inside looks (or smells) so i'd avoid them....when i've gotten stuck with the smoking room or cabin its never been as clean...

why not just smoke outside???

Northern Kentucky
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Thank you for all the feedback!

I know non-smokers may not understand, but we'd prefer not to have to go outside whenever we want to smoke...our vacation should be as trouble-free as possible, you know? I know of course that ideally this wouldn't be an issue at all. But right now, it is.

I have found several cabins that allow smoking with plenty of pictures of the inside to look at. They look really nice and clean. If the one we choose smells like smoke, it won't bother us because we smoke too.

Thanks again for the input, and we'll let you know how it goes!

All the best,

TeeJnDeb

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

TeeJnDeb....Glad you found what you were looking for. I used to smoke, so I know how you feel about wanting to be able to smoke if ya want! Now that I don't smoke, I'm not overbearing on the 'do not smoke' issues, but I can say that the smell does bother me a bit now, so I also understand what everyone says about that. What I don't agree with is someone saying that because a cabin owner would allow smoking that it would not be any nicer than one that doesn't allow it. Smoking doesn't make for a dirty/not nice cabin!

So, ok now...my point to this post was to tell you that I am happy you found your cabin in the Smokies to rent!!!!!! Have fun!

By the way, which cabin company /cabin did you go with?

Northern Kentucky
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: secluded cabin/smoking allowed

Thanks...

I haven't decided on the exact one yet. But I've found over a dozen possibilities. The companies with the cabins IO'm looking at are:

The Chalet Company - "Paradise Point"

Pigeon Forge Cabin Rental - "Sugar Shack" or "Unforgettable"

Great Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals - "Heaven's Nest"

Heartland Cabin Rentals - "The Treehouse"

Majestic Mountain Vacations "Mountain Bliss"

Fireside Chalet and Cabin Rentals - "Blue Vista" or "Eagle's Den"

Auntie Belham's Rentals - "Gray Wolf"

Jackson Mountain Homes - "Rushing Waters", "Dreamweaver", "Majestic View", "Seneca", "Rocky Top", or "Wandering Cubs"

Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg - "Lover's Den", "Pony Up", "Heaven's Loft", "Jake's Run", or "Lil' Bit of Paradise"

That's plenty to choose from, I know. I guess I just love the hunt, convinced I'm going to find something better and/or afraid what I pick won't be als good as it looks online.

If anyone is familiar with these companies or cabins and let me know...especially if I need to avoid them!!! :)

Thanks,

Deb