We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg to Biltmore: Travel time?

ny
Level Contributor
284 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg to Biltmore: Travel time?

Mapquest says it takes about two hours. Is that accurate? And how would the traffic be at the end of April during the week, and on the weekend? Is that a very busy road? Thanks.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg to Biltmore: Travel time?

It should take about 1.5 to 2 hours to get to Biltmore from Gburg. I-40 is a fun road to take through the Pigeon River Gorge. It was the one of the most difficult stretches of Interstate to build in the east and continues to be a maintenace head ache for NC DOT...other than that it is a nice road....

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg to Biltmore: Travel time?

New York: We always enjoy our travel experiences, not everyone does. We allow extra time, so as to make this experience possible. So, if you are in a hurry, I would suggest that you proceed at your own risk. The interstate is through the mountains and can take on a differing safety scenario, depending on the weather, wet or dry. If you travel the backroads, or the Blue Ridge, the situation can change even more. Are you in a hurry to get there from GB? I would imagine, as with everywhere else, including New York, that travel on the weekend is more vigorous! So, I guess what I am really saying is that, we enjoy our travels from GB to Asheville NC, and we take the backroad across the mountains through Cherokee and enjoy the scenery, which is much better that you would find on the Interstate.

Having said that, if you are in a hurry, and find that two hours is entirely too long, then perhaps you should not make the journey, as it would probably take longer than you would like.....

3. Re: Gatlinburg to Biltmore: Travel time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 08:16