We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

petting zoo??

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
petting zoo??

I thought I read somewhere about a petting zoo, but I have'nt been able to find it on the discover the smokies site.. does anyone know where it is and how much it costs...

thanks, Kendra

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,110 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: petting zoo??

There is an deer petting zoo east of Sevierville over towards Forbidden Caverns that has a reindeer, elk, a debra (cross of a donkey and zebra) and lots more. You can buy food to feed some of them. It is fairly reasonable, but I don't know exactly now. Search the Sevierville TA forum and reviews. Sevierville is just north of PF.

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: petting zoo??

It's the Deer farm petting zoo in Seiverville....bout 15 min. out of P-forge.great lil family place with tons of animals.Deer,goats.kangaroos,wallabys,a zebra,camels,reindeer,and yes...a ZONKEY a cross between donkey & zebra.Lots more too.very cheap....you buy cups of feed and stay as long as you want.we loved it,even in 95 degree heat!!

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: petting zoo??

http://www.deerfarmzoo.com/

Here is the website for it. My family loved it and we are planning to go back again this year. The price isn't too bad and they also have horseback riding.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: petting zoo??

My kids loved the petting zoo. It only took us about an hour to see everything and didnt' cost very much. The kids had fun feeding the animals.

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: petting zoo??

thanks everybody.. and thanks for the link I have added it to my favs. that seems like alot of fun and something a little different too..

Myrtle Beach
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: petting zoo??

We took my son there Tuesday, and he loved it, I think it was a nickel for kids under three, and the food was another 2.50 or something added onto your admission, and refills of food were 1.25. Really cool place, the kids can walk into the pens with the goats and the deer, they can feed the deer while in the pen, but the goats must be fed from outside the pen. Pretty cool place, and after the petting zoo, they offer pony rides for small children for 5 dollars, which my son loved! Pretty neat place!

7. Re: petting zoo??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 10:21