We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

Approximately how long does it take to go from GB to Tweetsie Railroad and what would be the best way to get there? We are thinking about going there for our last day before we head home because Thomas the Train will be there that Friday and my daughter loves him. We have ridden twice before, but she is already asking if we will see him again this time :)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

Hope this helps:

Fron Gatlinburg:

US 441 North to NC 66 North

NC 66 North to I-40 East

I-40 East to Marion

US 221 North (Exit 84) to Linville

NC 105 North to Boone

US 321 South to Tweetsie Railroad

Approx. 200 miles; 3 hours 30 min

Have Fun!!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

From Gatlinburg head east on 321 to Cosby. Take a left on 28 go 2 miles and take Foothills Parkway to i-40. This will save you 45 minutes over the poster before me.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

yeah, jaded's way is faster and better

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

Thanks everyone.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

Do a search before you go... I remember reading something about a fire there very recently. I don't know how much damage was done.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

LWM1019:

Since you live in Rincon Ga, I would suggest coming by Dillsboro at the end of July to the begining of August as Thomas visits the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad for almost 2 weeks. You could make a weekend out of it. I appreciate your dedication to your kids, over a 6 hour round trip to see Thomas the Tank Engine... you are the dad....Maybe you could do both?

Enjoy your trip.

7. Re: Gatlinburg to "Tweetsie Railroad"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:19