We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

My daughters and I saw a photo on here of a glow in the dark mini-golf that was ocean/underwater themed. My youngest keeps telling me she wants to play "Little Mermaid golf"! Can someone tell me the name of this facility, the location and what they thought of it? Also, if you have info on pricing, I would appreciate that too. THANK YOU!

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

I think you are referring to Black Light Golf in the Reagan Terrace Mall. The Reagan Terrace Mall is on the Parkway. It will be on your left if you are traveling towards the National Park entrance between lights #6 and #8.

Here's a link:

smokymountainfun.com/black_light_golf.html

Here's a link for pricing - there are several different combo tickets available:

smokymountainfun.com/individual_tickets.html

I have not played this particular mini golf, but hopefully someone else will post who has.

I hope this helps!

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

FFG is correct on the name and location. My family of 4 played the course May 2006. It was ok. I can say it was nice and cool in the indoor course. It was a little cheesy, but hey a good time was had by all.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Thank you so much for the info! My girls are gonna be so EXCITED! They are 4 and 6, so to them, it is "Little Mermaid Golf". (There is a Little Mermaid black light show at WDW. That's how they made that connection. LOL!) Now, if we can just talk Daddy into it..... If we do it, I'll put it in my vacation report when we come back. Thank you again for your help and have a great day!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Last time we were in gatlinburg my kids had seen it advertised and wanted to go. We were disappointed when we got there. There wasn't much to it and not many holes to play. We ended up playing the regular golf which had more holes and the same price.

Louisville, Illinois
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Last time we were in the Gatlinburg area, my son played the black light golf in Gat. and in Cherokee NC. The Cherokee one was much better in my opinion. It was an underwater theme, and had beautiful murals on all the walls that glowed too. If your going to be near Cherokee, you should have her try it, I think she will enjoy that one! It is in the area where the shops, bears, indians are when you first get into Cherokee from the park, on the left hand side of the road.

HOpe you have a great time, only 1 week left and I will be there!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

I think the best mini-golf is Hillbilly Golf I'm not sure if open this time of year.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Show them Hillbilly Golf first and I bet you they will change their minds. Just getting to ride to the top of the mountain in a funicular is applealing to kids.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

Here are pictures of Hillbilly Golf:

gatlinburg-attractions.com/hillbilly_golf_.h…

9. Re: Glow in the dark Mini golf -- Name? Location? Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 22:20