We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

Just wondered if anyone saw American Idol with Dolly Parton.

It was pretty good. I especially liked "Smoky Mountain Memories" by the young kid, David something.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

yelp. Seen it. David Archuleta was pretty good. =)

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

I just love it she will be on tonight to preform! Everyone watch!

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

I loved it. I pretty much pegged the Syesha would sing what she did, but I was really wondering what the others would sing. I think they did much better on the Dolly songs than they did with the Beatles. I was really surprised with the short little clips when she was trying to help the contestants and she sang along with them for a second or two. She really brought out their voices in those clips. I wasn't really impressed with Brooke or Ramiele. I think they could have done better, but after that I was more than a little surprised. Anyone care to predict who will go home?

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

They did seem to do better with Dolly songs than the beatles. I was really surprised at how well they all did on her songs, they were all great in my opinion! I dont know what Simon's problem was as i feel they all did great!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

Dolly was so nice to those kids and she looked great too. I think Ramelle (sp) will leave tonight.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

I thought everyone did really good, I can't wait to hear her tonight.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

It was a very good show. I agree with the group; I think Ramiele should go home. I do feel overall, the contestants did a great job. Dolly Parton is quite a song-writing talent. A friend of mine was saying that she had no idea Dolly had written so many songs. She is taleneted, yet very down to Earth. And Undoubtedly, her theme park is one of the top attractions in the area!

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

I think Ramiele is going home as well. I just wonder after Dolly did a stint on the show if any of the contestants will be performing in Dollywood in the future?

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

Can't wait to see Dolly tonight! I love her...

Louisville, Illinois
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: American Idol salute to Dolly Parton

I think David did a great job on the smoky mountain song. As far as Simon goes, he tells the truth! I agree with him most of the time. I will be in Gat. the night of the Dolly parade in PF, is it worth going to? I do like Dolly, but am not a BIG fan.

THanks