We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf and Gospel Music

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Concord NC
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Golf and Gospel Music

I am in need of info on where to play golf in or around Gattlinburg. Also are there any theaters in Gattlinburg or Pigeon Forge that have shows with southern gospel music quartets? I know that there is a big concert in Gattlinburg on Memorial weekend. Is that the only place to see a southern gospel show? We will be in the area that weekend. Thanks

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

There are several courses in the area. Gatlinburg's course is actually in Pigeon Forge. If you check both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg's web sites, I'm sure that you can find plenty of info. Another way is to use the Weather Channel. If you search on it with golf as your activity and either Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierville as the city, you can see all of the public, municipal and private courses. Click on the flag and you can get course info that way.

There are several theaters that have SG music featured. The Black Bear Jamboree in Pigeon Forge features the Blackwoods in a breakfast show. The Smith Family Theater has Southern Gospel as part of it's show also. In my opinion, the best group still in the area is The Kingdom Heirs. They perform four or five times a day at Dollywood. Dollywood also has the Southern Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame. It is free with admission Dollywood.

If you can still get tickets to the Gatlinburg Gathering, I would try that. That's the concert that you mentioned. They will have many of the biggest names in SG music there.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

I gave you some wrong info, sorry. The Memorial Weekend concert in Gburg is The Gaither Family Fun Fest. You can probably check at Gatihermusic.com to see who is going to be there. I think that the Gatlinburg Gathering is Labor Day weekend. It's run by Abraham Productions. You can get info about it at Thehoppers.com.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

We loved the Blackwood breakfast show.... and the Voices of Lee from Lee University are doing a great show on Sunday nights at the Miracle Theater during the summer. It's not all southern Gospel but some of it is and their talent is amazing!

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

My son and his girlfriend are really into golf, they went to the Gatlinburg Golf Course in PF and really enjoyed it.

The The Kingdom Heirs also sing at a theater is it the Miracle? And is it only in the winter when Dollywood is closed? They are really good!

Did you hear about Dotti Rambo going home to our Lord Sunday? Her funeral is going to be in Nashville Monday.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

Diggerdon,

I've heard wonderful things about the Gatlinburg Municipal Golf Course. Believe it or not, I just today made up the following list for a guest that I have coming in that loves to golf. They are listed in order of distance from Gatlinburg.

Hope it helps you, too.

Gatlinburg Municipal Golf Course

520 Dollywood Lane

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

1-800-231-4128

865-453-3912

www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/golf.html

Par 71

Bent Creek Golf Course

3919 East Parkway

Gatlinburg, TN 37738

1-800-251-9336

865-436-3947

www.bentcreekgolfcourse.com

Par 72

Eagle’s Landing Golf Club

1556 Old Knoxville Highway

Sevierville, TN 37876

865-429-4223

seviervilletn.org/DepartmentPages/Golf.htm

Par 72

River Islands Golf Club

9610 Kodak Road

Kodak, TN 37764

865-933-0100

www.riverislandsgolf.com

Par 72

Patriot Hills Golf Club

735 Constitution Drive

Jefferson City, TN 37760

865-475-4466

www.patriothillsgolf.com

Par 72

Dandridge Golf & Country Club

1247 Stonewall Jackson Drive

Dandridge, TN 37725

865-397-2655

www.dandridgegolf.com

27 Holes – Par 72

Cindy

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

The Kingdom Heirs are on the road during the time that Dollywood is closed. You're probably thinking of the Triumphant Quartet. They used to sing at The Miracle Theater. They are currently on the road, like most other southern gospel groups. Triumphant was the "house" group when Louise Mandrell owned The Miracle property.

Concord NC
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

Thanks for all your help. Diggerdon

8. Re: Golf and Gospel Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 10:21