We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Are there any?

I would love to stay at Zoders but they always want over a $100. for the days I pick! I just can not pay that when I know nice places like Kingwood are only 40 but those places do not have internet and are not on the strip.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

It's not $40, but Jack Huff's has rooms in the summer for $82/night and offer WIFI. It's located behind the village on Cherokee Orchard Road. I've never stayed there, but other people have recommended it.

Cindy

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

You might can actually pick up some internet in the room even if the hotel doesn't offer it. Last time we went to Gatlinburg, the hotel where we stayed didn't offer it (apparently they will in the future), but I was able to pick up internet from quite a few other places.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

We stayed at Hampton inn on the main strip and it was very nice. and they had internet. a much nicer place than Zoder's.which is a long walk from all the shops.hope this helps.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

I know Greystone Lodge , BW Crossroads , aaand BW Twin Islands also has internet.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Hi Redeemed,

You can always go by the library and pick up their wireless on laptop in your car. Or you could go by any place like Panera Bread that has wireless for a internet fix.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Internet is a must someone with us has to do some work at night on internet so not taking chances of not having it. Other wise we would stay at Kingwood.

Hampton Inn is $99. Sounds like it is a real good location and most people have good reviews.

Greystone Lodge, only $65. but no internet in rooms and has sevral not so good reviews

BW Crossroads is $95. a few bad reviews, most reviews good but ants can really be agravating.

Twin Island is $71.not on strip, has mixed reviews.

Jack Huffs is $70. not on strip but has a lot of good reviews.

I do not know what place was ment by aaa.

Do you really have to pay $30. or more a night to have internet?! LOL

Do you have to pay $50. more a night to be on the strip?! LOL

Thank you everyone. Any more sugerstions?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Hi Tam,

Here's a couple of things to remember about hotel internet access.

Some say, on their website, that they have wireless internet access. A hotel I stayed at last October said so, but it had to be accessed in the lobby. Luckily my room was across a small street facing the lobby, so I did not have any problems.

Other hotels say that they have Dataports in the room. This uses dial-up internet access of your internet provider, IF THEY PROVIDE IT. Many high speed internet providers like cable may not have dial-up access. The other major question would be whether your internet provider has a toll-free number or local number to use. Long distance calls could be very expensive.

Be sure to do a little homework and make some phone calls to your interested hotels.

Bob

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

Hi Bob,

Yes,I had that problem in GB, PF, and near Cookville. I notice on some hotel reviews some people note wether it really worked or not. When I call now I ask all those questions but still wonder some times if they are honest when I see someone else say they had problems!

We would be staying at Bales if we would not have had that problem there last time.

We did not try untill late at night and did not want to wake someone up and then the next day we were in the park from sunrise to late at night so again did not want to wake anyone.

In PF at Regency we had a problem to, the lady in the office said her 10 year old son could make it work when he got back from baseball but we went out and came back after 10pm and I did not want to make a child come try that late.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

any more sugestions? Thank you!

10. Re: cheep Hotel on the strip with internet in room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 15:16